The Student Room Group

The Manchester City Society II

Scroll to see replies

Original post by joviallwrnc
Terrible refereeing though, I have no idea why Roger East did not give that penalty for Stones' tackle against Sterling.

Stonewall. Especially when questionable penalties were given elsewhere during the round of midweek fixtures.
What is the point in this? My Manchester city one is better.
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3832065&p=62094935#post62094935
What is the point in this? My Manchester city one is better.
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3832065&p=62094935#post62094935
Aguero playing his way into some form makes for grim reading for Wenger. City have shown they can survive without Sterling and KDB at various points this season (namely this weekend, when the former was on the bench) and Toure is not the force he once was. Kompany is obviously influential, but not crucial.

Aguero, on the other hand, personifies their title chances.
Seems Aguero is banned for the next 3 games!

The matches he's banned for are against:
Manchester United (PL) - 10th September
Bournemouth (PL) - 17th September
Swansea City (League Cup) - 21st September

Apparently he's got a calf injury which has kept him out of the Argentina squad (and probably why he came off against West Ham) so if he is injured he would have probably been out of the derby anyway. Also I doubt Pep would have played him in the league cup as, apart from the semis and final, it's more for fringe players so Iheanacho would have probably played in that game instead. So he's only really missing the Bournemouth game which is at home and should be a win with or without Aguero.

It also should help him get fit for the Champions League match on the 13th September.

Got to look at the positives and for 3 wins in the games without him!
Serious banter on the City page I see

Posted from TSR Mobile
Good win from City today! Thoroughly deserved. It's just a shame De Bruyne got a knock but hopefully he'll get back into action soon.
Original post by That Bearded Man
Serious banter on the City page I see

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's mad how this thread never gets posted in. All the money and world class players but nobody gives a **** about them.

Even we are on our third thread ffs.
Lads don't know if you spotted this but you beat United 2-1 today.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by That Bearded Man
Lads don't know if you spotted this but you beat United 2-1 today.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I did! Great game - City thoroughly deserved to win. :smile:
Original post by Wilfred Little
It's mad how this thread never gets posted in. All the money and world class players but nobody gives a **** about them.

Probably because if we (City fans) ever post anything online someone will come along and abuse us. However, I'll try and post when I can in this thread (I don't normally come on here too often - I thought it was more to do with academic stuff). :smile:
Original post by clarkey500
I did! Great game - City thoroughly deserved to win. :smile:

You wouldn't know from reading the papers or watching Sky though. We clearly bossed that game, but the media makes it out as if United were robbed. Even MOTD was edited to make it look as if United had the majority of possession
Reply 5892
To be fair they just focused on the 2nd half because it was crazy intense and great to watch. I think most people who love football watched the game and know you are heavy title favourites and that Mou's once again been tactically crushed.

Of course the reason people focus on Utd is because they are a big club and you are not, not much you can do about that except wait until you grow into one too. Pep has also made it harder for you than was necessary by dropping England's number one like a sack of potatoes. Hart was poverty ofc but all the pundits are best buddies with him.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Wilfred Little

They will need a few more years of winning titles before they start attracting a bigger fanbase, they can hardly sell out in their own stadium atm so you can't really expect their TSR thread to be active, United have already taken the majority of the local fans. That's simply the consequence of throwing money at the club rather than building it by winning trophies as United have done.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by mhsc
To be fair they just focused on the 2nd half because it was crazy intense and great to watch. I think most people who love football watched the game and know you are heavy title favourites and that Mou's once again been tactically crushed.

Of course the reason people focus on Utd is because they are a big club and you are not, not much you can do about that except wait until you grow into one too. Pep has also made it harder for you than was necessary by dropping England's number one like a sack of potatoes. Hart was poverty ofc but all the pundits are best buddies with him.

The media is supposed to be objective. All talk about United deserving a penalty but absolutely no talk of Bailly taking Otamendi out and kicking him up the arse in the penalty area, or Fellaini knocking Kolarov's tooth out, Or the fact Rooney could have had two yellow's or Fellaini spitting.

Very little praise for De Bruyne, Fernandinho, Silva, Stones, Nacho, etc etc. all focus on United. SKY and BT are difficult to watch as a non-liverpool/United fan.
Reply 5895
Original post by DavidSilvaMCFC
The media is supposed to be objective. All talk about United deserving a penalty but absolutely no talk of Bailly taking Otamendi out and kicking him up the arse in the penalty area, or Fellaini knocking Kolarov's tooth out, Or the fact Rooney could have had two yellow's or Fellaini spitting.

Very little praise for De Bruyne, Fernandinho, Silva, Stones, Nacho, etc etc. all focus on United. SKY and BT are difficult to watch as a non-liverpool/United fan.

That is certainly true. The media are well known for being extremely biased towards Liverpool and Utd and it is quite pathetic but that is what people are willing to pay for.

Lets not forget that Alan Shearer also said Stones looked world class when IMO he was your worst player after Bravo.
The media loves Man Utd and Liverpool as it is full of their fans, just look at the pundits. Full of them.
Reply 5897
Original post by mhsc

Pretty much on the first bit. I think Mourinho's pretty ****ing overrated. He does the same thing over and over again then blames people when he loses. Who's he going to bench now for the loss?

Pep don't care and it will be vindicated. City are pretty good though but they're pretty prone to bad mistakes defensively, not kept a clean sheet in the league this season.
Original post by DavidSilvaMCFC
You wouldn't know from reading the papers or watching Sky though. We clearly bossed that game, but the media makes it out as if United were robbed. Even MOTD was edited to make it look as if United had the majority of possession

Exactly, the media tends to be biased against us though so I just tend to ignore most of what they say. I do tend to watch MOTD but had to get up early today so I missed it. Guess I didn't miss much as I watched the match. I did watch MOTD2 to see the rest of yesterday's goals though tonight and they seemed pretty against us.

In my opinion the Bravo on Rooney challenge was 50:50 and Bravo got the ball fair and legally so the referee was right not to give a penalty. If anything the challenge from Bailly on Otamendi was more of a foul but that wasn't given either. However, the better team on the day won and we could have definitely scored more but we're still finding our feet under the new system so it's not perfect yet hence why we have been conceding goals in the league but that should be corrected soon.
What a signing Gundogon is. City have by far best midfield in the Premier League

Quick Reply

Latest