Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The Manchester City Society II

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ish90an)
    Well played, doesn't change much in the larger scheme for City as they won't challenge for the title but hopefully it will hurt Chelsea mentally and teams will not see them as invincible giants any more.
    Why won't we? Bar the first half of the Spurs game we've dominated pretty much every game. Poor finishing and mistakes cost us against Sunderland and Blackburn but we still have Boateng, Kolarov and Balotelli still to come.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jeppasloth)
    Why won't we? Bar the first half of the Spurs game we've dominated pretty much every game. Poor finishing and mistakes cost us against Sunderland and Blackburn but we still have Boateng, Kolarov and Balotelli still to come.
    You've had a worse start than United and Arsenal to the season despite United's massive defensive lapses in games they did worse last season. Your team is still inconsistent in terms of performances, the newer players are still bedding in and you have struggled to find goals so far. I expect you to challenge for 4th and at best, if Arsenal slip up badly, 3rd spot, but anything beyond is wishful thinking right now unless United suffer a major injury crisis in the 2nd half of the season when the fixtures start to pile up for them.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ish90an)
    You've had a worse start than United and Arsenal to the season despite United's massive defensive lapses in games they did worse last season. Your team is still inconsistent in terms of performances, the newer players are still bedding in and you have struggled to find goals so far. I expect you to challenge for 4th and at best, if Arsenal slip up badly, 3rd spot, but anything beyond is wishful thinking right now unless United suffer a major injury crisis in the 2nd half of the season when the fixtures start to pile up for them.
    You'll see.

We're probably the most misunderstood team in the league. By far the most solid defensively without a Kolarov and Boateng.

So far our attack has let us down, but that's understandable considering Balotelli and Ade have been out for most of the season. Add to that Silva finally "adapting".

I don't think we'll win the league but we'll challenge unless injuries get a lot worse.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I don't think there's a need for all 3 of your CM's today to be played in games against sides outside of the top 8 from last ssn, if that. But when big games come around they are perfect. Can't see you losing at Eastlands this season against a top side.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    I know what you mean. Away from home I think they're important, we don't have the fear factor you have. Consequently every game is a battle, teams rarely roll over for us. But playing all 3 leaves us very open to narrowly losing games like Sunderland.

Mancini will probably sacrifice the wingers, have two up top and have the width coming from the full backs. Don't know whether it'll work because you struggled with that system iirc? Then again Silva would be perfect for the top of the diamond.
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    really well played chaps, was always going to be a tight match. was unfortunate for us that both Malouda and Drogba were **** (two of our most in form players), but I guess Kompany should be given credit for keeping them at bay.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I would buck Kompany.
    • 11 followers

Got the news whilst walking about Siena. Let out a loud cheer from the Torre Mangia, and an American man asked if I was okay. I said it was just football stuff and he started talking about their tripe.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    I believe ':woo:' is all I need to say regarding this result.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Kompany was immense for your guys today
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I had the BBC text updates on my computer screen in work. Was in a call when it popped up that Tevez had scored. Jumping up and down while talking perfectly normal on the phone, gave the girl behind me a bit of a giggle.
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    I said to the guys at work that City would win and got laughed out the canteen....
    • 11 followers

They were laughing at your height, accent, and general appearance.
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    Most probably that too, tbh. :sadnod:
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    Really Hansen I Thought A Month Ago We Were A Million ******* Miles Away You Deranged ****. Fhhfjfjf
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    i laugh at the dub accent too kev, dont worry
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jeppasloth)
    Really Hansen I Thought A Month Ago We Were A Million ******* Miles Away You Deranged ****. Fhhfjfjf
    fhhfjfjf someones having an epileptic fit.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    ******* alan Hansen
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by S1800)
    love glazer hate united
    CTID
    You belong in this thread.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    That was a bit dull.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: July 13, 2014
New on TSR
Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered football threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.