The Student Room Group

The Manchester City Society II

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
ish90an
Well played, doesn't change much in the larger scheme for City as they won't challenge for the title but hopefully it will hurt Chelsea mentally and teams will not see them as invincible giants any more.

Why won't we? Bar the first half of the Spurs game we've dominated pretty much every game. Poor finishing and mistakes cost us against Sunderland and Blackburn but we still have Boateng, Kolarov and Balotelli still to come.
Reply 81
Jeppasloth
Why won't we? Bar the first half of the Spurs game we've dominated pretty much every game. Poor finishing and mistakes cost us against Sunderland and Blackburn but we still have Boateng, Kolarov and Balotelli still to come.

You've had a worse start than United and Arsenal to the season despite United's massive defensive lapses in games they did worse last season. Your team is still inconsistent in terms of performances, the newer players are still bedding in and you have struggled to find goals so far. I expect you to challenge for 4th and at best, if Arsenal slip up badly, 3rd spot, but anything beyond is wishful thinking right now unless United suffer a major injury crisis in the 2nd half of the season when the fixtures start to pile up for them.
Reply 82
ish90an
You've had a worse start than United and Arsenal to the season despite United's massive defensive lapses in games they did worse last season. Your team is still inconsistent in terms of performances, the newer players are still bedding in and you have struggled to find goals so far. I expect you to challenge for 4th and at best, if Arsenal slip up badly, 3rd spot, but anything beyond is wishful thinking right now unless United suffer a major injury crisis in the 2nd half of the season when the fixtures start to pile up for them.

You'll see.

We're probably the most misunderstood team in the league. By far the most solid defensively without a Kolarov and Boateng.

So far our attack has let us down, but that's understandable considering Balotelli and Ade have been out for most of the season. Add to that Silva finally "adapting".

I don't think we'll win the league but we'll challenge unless injuries get a lot worse.
Reply 83
I don't think there's a need for all 3 of your CM's today to be played in games against sides outside of the top 8 from last ssn, if that. But when big games come around they are perfect. Can't see you losing at Eastlands this season against a top side.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 84
I know what you mean. Away from home I think they're important, we don't have the fear factor you have. Consequently every game is a battle, teams rarely roll over for us. But playing all 3 leaves us very open to narrowly losing games like Sunderland.

Mancini will probably sacrifice the wingers, have two up top and have the width coming from the full backs. Don't know whether it'll work because you struggled with that system iirc? Then again Silva would be perfect for the top of the diamond.
really well played chaps, was always going to be a tight match. was unfortunate for us that both Malouda and Drogba were **** (two of our most in form players), but I guess Kompany should be given credit for keeping them at bay.
Reply 86
I would buck Kompany.
Got the news whilst walking about Siena. Let out a loud cheer from the Torre Mangia, and an American man asked if I was okay. I said it was just football stuff and he started talking about their tripe.
Reply 88
I believe ':woo:' is all I need to say regarding this result.
Kompany was immense for your guys today :smile:
Reply 90
I had the BBC text updates on my computer screen in work. Was in a call when it popped up that Tevez had scored. Jumping up and down while talking perfectly normal on the phone, gave the girl behind me a bit of a giggle.
I said to the guys at work that City would win and got laughed out the canteen....
They were laughing at your height, accent, and general appearance.
Most probably that too, tbh. :sadnod:
Reply 94
Really Hansen I Thought A Month Ago We Were A Million ******* Miles Away You Deranged ****. Fhhfjfjf
Reply 95
i laugh at the dub accent too kev, dont worry
Reply 96
Jeppasloth
Really Hansen I Thought A Month Ago We Were A Million ******* Miles Away You Deranged ****. Fhhfjfjf

fhhfjfjf someones having an epileptic fit.
Reply 97
******* alan Hansen
S1800
love glazer hate united
CTID

You belong in this thread. :h:
Reply 99
That was a bit dull.

Quick Reply

Latest