The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Mine's 3800 characters but over on lines :mad:
Reply 61
You have used 38 of 47 lines based on the preview and 2897 of 4000 characters.

Last saved date: 07 September 2010 14:27:32
Ahhhhh, 4320.

It. Keeps. Getting. Longer!!!
I'm under 4000 characters but somehow on 65 lines. Oh dear.
rabidmonkey
Ahhhhh, 4320.

It. Keeps. Getting. Longer!!!

I know the feeling. Every time that I cut something another ramble takes its place. I'm getting used to people saying "Ooh I like this bit but it is rather verbose".
whimsicality
I know the feeling. Every time that I cut something another ramble takes its place. I'm getting used to people saying "Ooh I like this bit but it is rather verbose".

*Looks up verbose*

Ah, same :p:

I cut something out and then i think of something "really awesome" to replace it. Mine seems to be getting more dense and less readable unfortunately.
2522 characters, been doing my personal statement for ages but I'm a little stuck with what to put in next. I figure extra curriculars could be good but I was told to avoid them .__. I've ordered a maths book and I'll read and that and see if I can add a paragraph on that too; I'm applying for maths.

The-Wi$e-One
if any of you need help with your personal statements, post it in PS help and one of us will get back to you!

find the link in my sig, there is also a guide on how to write them and what to include for those of you who are a bit stuck!

I tried that, got one edit and now I have my next decent draft in I havent heard anything constructive in 2 months.
rabidmonkey
*Looks up verbose*

Ah, same :p:

I cut something out and then i think of something "really awesome" to replace it. Mine seems to be getting more dense and less readable unfortunately.

I hack out this and that, only to remember that I'm interested in classics or that my mother is a llama (now that would be one hell of a statement!).

Are you applying early? I'm in a gap year and have 2 weeks to cut it down and send it to my old college. :frown:
whimsicality
I hack out this and that, only to remember that I'm interested in classics or that my mother is a llama (now that would be one hell of a statement!).

Are you applying early? I'm in a gap year and have 2 weeks to cut it down and send it to my old college. :frown:

Would be the best personal statement ever. I tend to chop a load out, then realise im well under the limit, then put something different back in again. Of course resulting in me being back over again. I seem to be exchanging extracurriculars atm. Vary between, a camper, an american footballer, a judoing badminton person, or a political mastermind depending on whose turn it is.

Now down to 250 over!

I have til the 24th i think, which is my colleges internal deadline for oxbridge/MVD applications. Getting abit stressed....
Reply 69
3706 characters minus a conclusion, more like a third draft though with the amount of time and effort I've put in though...
Reply 70
Don't even know what subject/course to do. =/
But I have made like a factfile to get the main points for my draft PS out.
Such a fail.:woo:
You guys have nearly done it already?... Jeez, our Sixth Form said December was the latest it could be in. Most of my year started it about mid-September and had it sent off about mid-November last year.
Reply 72
Faith01
First draft: 4355 Characters.

how have u started ur personal statement, as im really lost lol im going to apply for medicine aswell.
Reply 73
Annndd ive done all my UCAS stuff bar PS (reapplicant though, so its faster :smile: )

Time to crack on with this PS which is 0 zero characters long!

Edit - onto 200 words...yay
6015 characters......(medicine)!!!!my college deadline is 29 september :frown:
FTstudies
You guys have nearly done it already?... Jeez, our Sixth Form said December was the latest it could be in. Most of my year started it about mid-September and had it sent off about mid-November last year.

Bear in mind post-results applicants, medicine applicants and oxbridge applications could quite possibly be distorting this thread. So my internal deadline is Sept 25th rather than other people's Nov 25th.
Reply 76
mmmm - strugglin' but at least I've made a start, perhaps my mum will shut up now - or perhaps not!
spanishguy
mmmm - strugglin' but at least I've made a start, perhaps my mum will shut up now - or perhaps not!

Just dont get her involved with helping out. Is a full on war to keep half the stuff, usually my main points :rolleyes:
Reply 78
Right...ive got 2,077 for my first draft atm...haven't finished it yet but i really don't know what else to sayy...i bet i get rejected because i havent done any volunteering, no 'special' events or blah blah..i've got a job though in a shoe shop..not sure how that will help my medical science personal statement :p:
Reply 79
Know the feeling - some people have personal statement that would be as good as any politician!!! I don't do any flash stuff either cos I live in the back of beyond!

Latest

Trending

Trending