Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
Its Nottingham-specific though
Reply 3
parkes07
Its Nottingham-specific though

yeah, so ask in the TV threads in the nottingham thread. :facepalm:

EDIT: or even READ those threads. it's honestly not rocket science and we don't need pointless threads cluttering up the forum.
Reply 4
In fact, all the information you need will be posted on here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1389429

/thread.
Reply 5
edithwashere
yeah, so ask in the TV threads in the nottingham thread. :facepalm:

EDIT: or even READ those threads. it's honestly not rocket science and we don't need pointless threads cluttering up the forum.

. . .
Calm down!

Focus your energies in a more productive manner than barking at people on an internet forum :cool:
Reply 6
edithwashere
In fact, all the information you need will be posted on here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1389429

Thankyou :smile:
Reply 7
Sorry, just really getting sick and tired of reading the same old questions - the worst is when it's posted in a thread where the question has already been raised and answered in the previous page! I'm all for asking if you don't know, but I'm a fresher this year and started out with the same amount of info as everyone else, I've just done my research and really thoroughly read all the resources available, all the answers are there if you look.
Reply 8
parkes07
Does anyone actually use this? Is it any good?
Will I find any time?
Do I need a TV license to use it? Really??

Henry

Assuming you mean FreeWire, it's as fast as you'll need it, decent quality, and of course, it's free. You do need a TV Licence to watch live broadcast, such as FreeWire or streaming iPlayer. Alternatively, if you're using a laptop, if you unplug it, it counts as a portable device and comes under your parents' licence if they have one :smile:

In terms of finding time, I watched about 10 hours of TV in my first year, and they were just Mock The Week/HIGNFY episodes on iPlayer, which you don't need a licence for. It depends how much spare time you think you'll have from work, societies, clubs and such.
Reply 9
edithwashere
Sorry, just really getting sick and tired of reading the same old questions - the worst is when it's posted in a thread where the question has already been raised and answered in the previous page! I'm all for asking if you don't know, but I'm a fresher this year and started out with the same amount of info as everyone else, I've just done my research and really thoroughly read all the resources available, all the answers are there if you look.

To be fair the question was 'Will I find the time? Is it going to be worth getting a TV license?' It was unrelated to the other post to be entirely honest - so chill your beans. :smile:
Reply 10
DarkWhite
Assuming you mean FreeWire, it's as fast as you'll need it, decent quality, and of course, it's free. You do need a TV Licence to watch live broadcast, such as FreeWire or streaming iPlayer. Alternatively, if you're using a laptop, if you unplug it, it counts as a portable device and comes under your parents' licence if they have one :smile:

In terms of finding time, I watched about 10 hours of TV in my first year, and they were just Mock The Week/HIGNFY episodes on iPlayer, which you don't need a licence for. It depends how much spare time you think you'll have from work, societies, clubs and such.

Thankyou for answering my question :woo:
Interesting loophole about the laptops :yep: unfortunately I will be on a desktop so that won't be an option. But I will probably just use catch-up services as this is totally okay providing it isn't live
I do sort of hope to be pretty busy and therefore won't feel the need for streaming TV :cool: Will therefore give the license a miss I reckon :smile:
parkes07
Thankyou for answering my question :woo:
Interesting loophole about the laptops :yep: unfortunately I will be on a desktop so that won't be an option. But I will probably just use catch-up services as this is totally okay providing it isn't live
I do sort of hope to be pretty busy and therefore won't feel the need for streaming TV :cool: Will therefore give the license a miss I reckon :smile:

I honestly just didn't have time for TV. But if you're not into clubs, societies, projects and such, then I guess you'll have time on your hands. I mean, JCRs have TVs and often Sky though, so I still don't see much need for a TV licence in first year :p: iPlayer and 4OD are your friends :yep:

Latest

Trending

Trending