The Student Room Group

Please help with A level options ASAP :)

Hey, im new on here, ok so im really confused about my A levels. I think I possibly want a career related to health and social care, so have chosen to do double of that, which will obviously be equivalent to 2 A levels, as well as Ict, do you guys think that these will be good enough to get a place in university? Thinking of also picking up another subject, possibly psychology and now im thinking maybe english.. or both and do single health and social care. Thing is, ok everyone says im good at english (I got A's at gcse) its just I find it kinda.. boring.. so do I go with the boredom or is this not really a good idea? so basically:

a. health and social care double, ict and psychology

b. health and social care single, ict, psychology and english

what do you guys think?
Reply 1
Personally, I would take single, cos it gives you a wider range in case you change your mind later.

But pick subjects YOU ENJOY otherwise you are killing your happiness. Also pick things that you think you can get a decent grade in.

Psychologys a great choice (not that I'm biased hehe) but some people seem to think ict's a bit soft (sorry) does your college do computing?
Reply 2
a.
don't do english if you don't enjoy it.
JustMe2010
which will obviously be equivalent to 2 A levels

wrong.

the government wants them to be equivalent to 2 a levels; uni's beg to differ.

i sense i'm going to make myself unpopular in this thread, but if you want to get into any decent uni's you need to rethink that option.

generally accepted as a guide to "softness":
http://www.trin.cam.ac.uk/index.php?pageid=604
Reply 4
helenem
a.
don't do english if you don't enjoy it.

I agree. I got an E at AS, although this was mostly due to a medical condition I suffered with which resulted me missing large amounts of lesson time. :smile:
health and social care single, ict, psychology and english

this
english is just so much more respected

Latest