The Student Room Group
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website
Reply 1
I queued for two hours today to enrol.

Two hours.

How incredibly retarded is that? It took me three minutes to sit down, check details, and leave, yet it took me two hours to actually get there. Not only that, I had literally nothing through the post before I came here. The only reason I was able to enrol was becuase people told me the PIN format on here...

Still, I've got a good bunch of lads in my halls, so I can't complain. Nightlife is good, too.
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website
Reply 2
Admin is a bit poo.

Two hours for enrolling? Jeez...we accidentally skipped the queue on Sunday, hehe...

See you in ten mins *jaygirl* :wink:
Reply 3
Sarah Sheep

Two hours for enrolling? Jeez...we accidentally skipped the queue on Sunday, hehe...

Lucky... :rolleyes:
Reply 4
jus got back from the student union. yeah.... holloway is unorganised. so many queues!
Reply 5
You are nuts if you think two hours waiting is a lot...I did 3 1/2 to enrol at imperial + 1 hour to have my photo taken,so stop complaining;-)

bowdeni
jus got back from the student union. yeah.... holloway is unorganised. so many queues!
Reply 6
well unlucky. im also thinking the information all being online about what to do not being a clever idea because NOT EVERYONE HAS INTERNET! argh. sillyness.
Fook this.. i queued for 2 hours! suddenly this member of staff came up and said that we can enrol only 25 more students today, the rest of u should go home, and i was 26th :mad: .. i nearly punched her..

and u r right, the admin is SH*T!
Reply 8
che guevara
Fook this.. i queued for 2 hours! suddenly this member of staff came up and said that we can enrol only 25 more students today, the rest of u should go home, and i was 26th :mad: .. i nearly punched her..

and u r right, the admin is SH*T!

You didn't get v.stressed, have your NUS card denied and get moved on my a bloke did you? If so... it's on the grapevine my friend :wink:.
Reply 9
im working in the picture gallery for enrollment, one of those annoying people who asks 'have you signed up online? have you paid your fees? have you lalala' with the clipboards. sorry but we are only students too, and its not in our power, everyone queues a lot for that first week and i know its poo but don't take it out on us clipboard people take it out on rhul! hope you all enjoyewd freshers night last night :smile: i'm out tonight :biggrin:
Reply 10
im not complaining at you clipboardy people i thought my clipboardy person was alrigt, its more the induction information, and now especially the french dept timetabling :P argh very confusing and not easy to understand.
Reply 11
You may have taken me to my seating area then.

May I ask how much you get roughly an hour for doing on campus jobs like yours?
Reply 12
I did all I needed for Weekend enrolment, but my name wasn't on the list, so I had to sneak down there early on Tuesday morning. Admin is a little all-over-the-place, yes, and I'm currently in the unenviable situation of having three different tutors telling me to do three different things, and one of them calling another's curse 'Bunny Hopping'. Lovely.
Reply 13
I do lots of college work like that, it is £6.02 an hour, its not the SU, its Royal Holloway. The SU pay less but offer more jobs.
getting online on the computers is soo annoying man , I went to the computer centre like 4 times man , argh !!!!!!!!!!!!

Latest

Trending

Trending