The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
Reply 1
Sheepsy_McDuff
I just recieved my unicard and a memory card in the post - yayness and all that.

But, probably a stupid question - how does the memory card work? I can't seem to find where to put it or what to do with it. Am I being thick?

Cheers,
Daisy

Hi Daisy,

if my understanding of the term "memory card" is something being used as a storage device for cameras, cell phones etc., you will need some sort of card reader (external device plugged via usb) in order to be able to get it work. Or if you have a notebook, it usually comes with built-in card reader (at least Macbook does).

Hope I helped, if not you can at least correct my grammar :biggrin:
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
Reply 2
Slovak_Bobo
Hi Daisy,

if my understanding of the term "memory card" is something being used as a storage device for cameras, cell phones etc., you will need some sort of card reader (external device plugged via usb) in order to be able to get it work. Or if you have a notebook, it usually comes with built-in card reader (at least Macbook does).

Hope I helped, if not you can at least correct my grammar :biggrin:

it's a USB card apparently. I've got it to work!
Reply 3
yoyo462001
Wtf they give you memory cards :fuhrer:

yeah what's all this about?! We never got one!
Sheepsy_McDuff
I just recieved my unicard and a memory card in the post - yayness and all that.

But, probably a stupid question - how does the memory card work? I can't seem to find where to put it or what to do with it. Am I being thick?

Cheers,
Daisy

That's good, your uni gave you a memory card. :smile:
Reply 5
Yeah, can't believe it took me over an hour to work out how to use it as a USB... my God.
It sucks living abroad, I'm not gonna get my things before I get to uni:frown:
Reply 7
David_Lindstrom_89

Yeah, I completely agree. :frown: They just emailed me today to clarify this.
When do you get to Exeter? Another scandinavian :smile:
Reply 8
David_Lindstrom_89

me neither :smile: :mad:
Reply 9
...You got a memory stick?! :frown:
kiauh
Yeah, I completely agree. :frown: They just emailed me today to clarify this.
When do you get to Exeter? Another scandinavian :smile:

I'm going there on the 26th:smile: I'm gonna be living at holland hall:smile: How about you? Pm me your facebook, always nice to know some scandinavian people:smile:
Reply 11
David_Lindstrom_89

So true... I still haven't received some of the letters I was supposed to get...
Economics four years! :smile: Yay!
giureedi
So true... I still haven't received some of the letters I was supposed to get...
Economics four years! :smile: Yay!

They kind of sucks I haven't gotten half of the letters I was supposed to, if I hadn't talked to people on fb I would have missed a lot!
sorry to bump an old thread, but how do you use the memory card? ive got the card reader and stuff i just dont get what to do with the plastic and which bit i use, the cut-out bit doesnt seem to want to come out!
Reply 14
TarantuLove
sorry to bump an old thread, but how do you use the memory card? ive got the card reader and stuff i just dont get what to do with the plastic and which bit i use, the cut-out bit doesnt seem to want to come out!

it kind of folds out push the cut out bit closest to the center
Reply 15
and it fits into a usb slot, as opposed to a memory card reader
thankyou! x
Reply 17
I love how there are so many jealous people because the freshers are getting a memory card. Darn aren't they pushing the boat out this year!

Latest

Trending

Trending