The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 1
If you want to swap rooms, it has to happen through the accommodation office. You're better off waiting till the first couple of weeks at uni as most people will be willing to swap then. FYI there's a free hopper bus between Jubilee and UP and commuting between Jubilee and UP is really easy and doesn't take that long so there's no reason why you have to be at UP just because your course is there.
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
La Trampa
If you want to swap rooms, it has to happen through the accommodation office. You're better off waiting till the first couple of weeks at uni as most people will be willing to swap then. FYI there's a free hopper bus between Jubilee and UP and commuting between Jubilee and UP is really easy and doesn't take that long so there's no reason why you have to be at UP just because your course is there.

hey, yep i know i just would like to be on the campus, really wanted to be in Florence boot as i have a lot of friends there! Thanks for your help!
Reply 3
freddyy_poo
hey, yep i know i just would like to be on the campus, really wanted to be in Florence boot as i have a lot of friends there! Thanks for your help!

Living in any one particular doesn't mean you'll have loads of friends/be popular/have fun. I don't know why people think this this! :erm:
Stab in the dark?

You're offering anal sex to swap rooms? You must be really desperate to move to Uni Park.
Reply 5
Hello,

Just to give some context, I lived in Newark. About half my hall mates were studying Jubilee Campus related courses, and the other half were on Uni Park courses. That said, because there's so little that separates the campuses, most people end up taking a few modules on either campus - they aren't in anyway mutually exclusive. And as has been said, it's so easy to get to either.

In terms of the accommodation, I wouldn't have ever traded Newark for any other hall - and had many friends from the Uni Park halls who were jealous of how new and large Newark was, the quality of the bar, the size of the dinning hall (and the food on offer) as well as the overall newness of Jubilee. People from other halls often compared Newark to a Holiday Inn (which for uni halls is a compliment).

If you have your heart set on Florence Boot, then go for it through the Accommodation Office. Otherwise, give Newark and Jubilee a try and you won't regret it.
Reply 6
cunningstunt87
Stab in the dark?

You're offering anal sex to swap rooms? You must be really desperate to move to Uni Park.

If this is true, I'm up for it :yep:
ILikeBeer
If this is true, I'm up for it :yep:

Back of the queue son...
Reply 8
Haha being at the back of the queue, I can quite easily do it to you :wink:
Reply 9
Is the Hopper Bus from Jubilee Campus free to travel to University Park Campus even if you live outside of Jubilee Campus? I'm living on SPC and wondered if I could walk to Jubilee to catch a bus to Uni without it costing too much?
gillsfan36
Is the Hopper Bus from Jubilee Campus free to travel to University Park Campus even if you live outside of Jubilee Campus? I'm living on SPC and wondered if I could walk to Jubilee to catch a bus to Uni without it costing too much?

I believe it is.
gillsfan36

This is possible and the bus is free for anyone. There is also a bus that goes from SPC to UP and I believe costs £1, but as Jubilee is only a couple mins walk, I don't see the point.
Reply 12
gillsfan36

from SPC, its roughly 35 minutes tops to walk to UP. and yea, its free for all students, however, i do occasionally see random people who are not even students, nor lecturers on the bus. so i guess it must be a free public access bus. in the mornings be sure to be the first in line, the queue is so long that if you miss you first bus in the morning, your going to be 20 mins late for your lecture.

speaking of public access buses, i worry about the security of the uni sometimes, especially when random people just walk around the campus. Last year, i saw 4 four students completely nailed this guy down to the ground because they saw him try to still a bike in jubilee near the business school, :eek: he was an old guy, around the 30s or 40s. the guy had no where to go, as he was surrounded by students until security arrived. :biggrin:
Reply 13
im in the exact situation, i do History and all my lectures are in UP campus but got put into jubilee for accommodation. You'll be fine.
Reply 14
La Trampa
This is possible and the bus is free for anyone. There is also a bus that goes from SPC to UP and I believe costs £1, but as Jubilee is only a couple mins walk, I don't see the point.

I will be living on SPC and I have just discovered the bus is free for all SPC residents :smile: so thinking that will be my best option!

Latest

Trending

Trending