The Student Room Group

Advanced Higher Biology 2010-2011 :: Resources and Discussion Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TheRabbit
Not sure if its the best idea to post your results on the web, but are you sure you haven't:
a) missed out a dilution
b) used a different colorimeter, or not recalibrated it (using water)?

a) is easy to to do and you need to be careful of b), especially if someone else is using the colorimeter.

And remember your result for 60 might not be relaible since you haven't done repeats, or if you have perhaps one is disproportionately out.

oh yeh thnks for the advice n i didnt think bout not posting my results up, wud it be ok if u cud delete your quote so my results arent up. Really appreciate it.
I'm doing my investigation on the changes in protein content in seedlings in the days following germinating, using electrophoresis. Anybody done/doing anything similar?
Original post by Kelz_26
I would say about five evenings. It just depends.

I have 4 days for AH biology and H Psychology prelims! :rolleyes:
Original post by red_roses123
oh yeh thnks for the advice n i didnt think bout not posting my results up, wud it be ok if u cud delete your quote so my results arent up. Really appreciate it.

Em, i didn't include the results in my quote but sure :smile:
(edited 13 years ago)
I am so screwed for my prelim in this tomorrow!
Original post by matthew93
I am so screwed for my prelim in this tomorrow!

Gid luck!
Original post by Ecosse_14
Gid luck!

Lol If only I read that before my exam, coulda done with it haha. Was a proper good old fail! When only 2/30 of your multi choice answers are B you know you're in trouble!
Reply 67
Our teacher made up our prelim and she said it's harder than a second year university biology exam. Think she just wants us to study hard for it!
Which parts of the course are your prelims on?
Reply 69
Original post by sandys1000
Which parts of the course are your prelims on?

All of unit 1 and 2.
Last year I had a full prelim as it was at the start of February and we had finished unit 3 mid January, I found the data handling questions really hard as I wasn't used to them so I'd say they are well worth practising for.
Last year I had a full prelim as it was at the start of February and we had finished unit 3 mid January, I found the data handling questions really hard as I wasn't used to them so I'd say they are well worth practising for.

You finished the whole course by mid January? :eek:

I think our prelim's on Unit 1 & Unit 2 minus the last couple of chapters
Original post by sandys1000
You finished the whole course by mid January? :eek:

I think our prelim's on Unit 1 & Unit 2 minus the last couple of chapters

We didn't start our ivestigations until then though. We had 2 teachers, one for 3 periods a week who we did unit 1 with and the other for 2 periods to do unit 2 and 3.
Reply 73
We had 2 teachers, one for 3 periods a week who we did unit 1 with and the other for 2 periods to do unit 2 and 3.

That's what we do. We have done unit 1, unit 2 and most of the investigation.
We've done Unit 1, half of Unit 2, and none of the investigation :frown: (although that isn't getting done in Biology time)
Reply 75
Yessss... finally finished practical work for investigation after over 25 periods worth of experiments!!! :jive:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 76
Okay, I've genuinely tried to revise...

But wow, this has to be the most boring thing ever. Like, I'd actually rather watch paranormal activity again it's that bad! It's not even like it's hard, it's just... ugh

Gah, if I can scrape a C tomorrow it'll be a miracle.
anyone got any biology practise nabs? i got a physics and bio nab next wednesday... oh the joys!
Reply 78
Original post by Enzo-259
Okay, I've genuinely tried to revise...

But wow, this has to be the most boring thing ever. Like, I'd actually rather watch paranormal activity again it's that bad! It's not even like it's hard, it's just... ugh

Gah, if I can scrape a C tomorrow it'll be a miracle.

Good luck! :smile:
Reply 79
Original post by Kelz_26
Good luck! :smile:

Thanks! :smile:

It was a proper fail though. I had PCR down to a tee and it only came up as 5 marks in the essay. Since I couldn't do the other 10, I just said "**** it" and did a massive page long account of the exact process lol. Ach well, least she can't complain that I didn't revise any of the course :tongue:

Had to read the DI over about 10 times. It was on leguminous root nodules or something and I kept falling asleep by about line two. :s-smilie: I don't understand those things. They have this massive wall of text and like 5 diagrams, and of the 10 or so questions they ask you, maybe two of them are actually related to the data and not just **** that you'd be expected to know anyway. :tongue:

How did your prelim go?:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending