Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Safe Sex Ball 2010

Announcements Posted on
Post on TSR and win a prize! Find out more... 10-04-2014
Interview Discussion 30-01-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hey, anyone knows the price of this years ticket? and their availability.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Think there were about £60 last year and I expect it will be just as difficult to get tickets again this year....!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    we have a safe sex ball wtf!?!?!?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sam8472)
    my exact reaction :yep:
    didn't even know they exist.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Soooo jelous. Doubt Edinburgh will be up for holding one of those

They look amazing
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    http://ssb.exeterrag.org/
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sam8472)
    You have to be stupid or not a student to not know this information.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ramble)
    You have to be stupid or not a student to not know this information.
    I dont start till the end of the month and have done no research what so ever into exeter I figured I applied knowing virtually nothing about the uni so might as well turn up knowing **** all.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    £60 a ticket?! thats a joke! i remember feeling ripped off by my flatmate in 1st year who offered to sell me her ticket for £40 instead of the £30 she paid for it (because she pushed past me in the queue and got the last two tickets after i'd been queing since 5 in the morning, bitch!)

Anyway, should be re-named the - not so safe sex ball - i think the day after that is the busiest day of the year for the student health centre...!

Is a very funny night out though!!!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    ok done suome searching on you tube that could be a giggle
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by boho)
    £60 a ticket?! thats a joke! i remember feeling ripped off by my flatmate in 1st year who offered to sell me her ticket for £40 instead of the £30 she paid for it (because she pushed past me in the queue and got the last two tickets after i'd been queing since 5 in the morning, bitch!)

Anyway, should be re-named the - not so safe sex ball - i think the day after that is the busiest day of the year for the student health centre...!

Is a very funny night out though!!!

Maybe I'm wrong, might be getting confused with the Powderham Ball....however I know it was a bit too much for me to think it was worth it so I'm sure it was above £40.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    They were £37 last year. we were the last group of people to get tickets and we'd been queuing since 2am. There were people directly behind us that had arrived about 5 minutes later and missed out.

Get there early. Offer to queue for people for money. You can get 4 tickets, so my friend and I only paid £7 for our tickets. Just get drunk and take lots of blankets.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    yeah my flatmates queued from 1am. Anyone who started queuing after 2am didn't get any according to them. I didn't have to queue (yay) as I had a terrible chest infection and probably would have died out there (not so yay) so my housemates got mine for me.

Have to say though I didn't think last years was all that :/
    The queue situation to get in to the ball was ridiculous - everyone was pushing forward so hard people were getting injured, it was FREEZING cold and they made us stand outside in the cold for an hourr when we'd paid so much for tickets to get in. There didn't seem to be much stuff inside either, though the jaguar skills dj set was good.
    Would like to go again this year though
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smem)
    yeah my flatmates queued from 1am. Anyone who started queuing after 2am didn't get any according to them. I didn't have to queue (yay) as I had a terrible chest infection and probably would have died out there (not so yay) so my housemates got mine for me.

Have to say though I didn't think last years was all that :/
    The queue situation to get in to the ball was ridiculous - everyone was pushing forward so hard people were getting injured, it was FREEZING cold and they made us stand outside in the cold for an hourr when we'd paid so much for tickets to get in. There didn't seem to be much stuff inside either, though the jaguar skills dj set was good.
    Would like to go again this year though
    I have no recollection of anything until about the last 30 minutes. Apparently I was carried all of the way there buy some guys dressed up in army gear. I don't remember the queue situation, but there was something in expose about it wasn't there? My friends say it wasn't worth all of the effort, but it's one of those things you have to do.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Last Summer's Dream)
    I have no recollection of anything until about the last 30 minutes. Apparently I was carried all of the way there buy some guys dressed up in army gear. I don't remember the queue situation, but there was something in expose about it wasn't there? My friends say it wasn't worth all of the effort, but it's one of those things you have to do.
    Oh dearrrrr. I literally don't know anyone who remembers the night.
    I lost half my friends within the first 10 minutes when we were trying to find a toilet that didn't have a queue of about 50 people all shoving. I remember the floor in one of the rooms as well was absolutely covered with alcohol and there just seemed to be no one cleaning it up. It was so sticky and wet and I saw so many people slip right over!

I think whoever planned it last year just did a particularly bad job 'cause the year before it was apparently absolutely amazingwhich is why I'd like to give it another go...

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By completing the slider below you agree to The Student Room's terms & conditions and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

You don't slide that way? No problem.

Updated: September 20, 2010
Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.