The Student Room Group
I haven't done S2, but D1 is easy if you learn all the algorithms. However, I found D1 mind-numbingly dull, so you may prefer S2.
Reply 2
I had to make this decision. I went for S2.

Had an A in S1, put in very little work, actually liked the formula and content.

D1 looks dull and wordy and yeah...

:yawn:
Reply 3
OL1V3R
I haven't done S2, but D1 is easy if you learn all the algorithms. However, I found D1 mind-numbingly dull, so you may prefer S2.

I found S2 extremely dull, i couldn't concentrate in class :sigh:
S2 is also quite easy..I would go for S2 because i think it is more respected than D1 :o:
Reply 4
D1 doesn't feel like maths.

Is easy tho.
Reply 5
D1...its easy and stats is boring :P
Reply 6
There are only 4 topics in MEI S2 so it's quite easy to get your head around the content. D1 is not too difficult but many people don't like the content.
Reply 7
If you liked S1 you will love S2, I found it alot more interesting than D1. D1 can get especially monotonous although it is easier, alot of it is doing algorithms by hand that are easily performed by computers so it seemed kind of futile.
Reply 8
xDave-
D1 doesn't feel like maths.

Some of the things it covers are very important! Algorithms are are now a fundamental part of all our lives in that they pervade every level of Computing.

I found D1 interesting in some ways, just because it was different. But yeh it was so easy that it got pretty dull. Oh the plus side it is impossible not to get great marks, and at the end of they day that is why you are doing your modules :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending