The Student Room Group

BEST college for radiography?

Hi guys i new to this college craic
i'm an irish student who will be taking the leaving cert this june!!
and i was wondering could anyone recommned a brillant college for diagnostic radiography.
was considering Cardiff, Bangor , Portsmouth , Exeter, and Leeds.
it must have sailing facilties and good learning support as i'm dylexic.
any suggestions?

thanks guys
Reply 1
I have heard that Portsmouth and Exeter are very good for radiography, although I do not know from experience, only from research as I am interested in a similar career :-)
Reply 2
The radiography Campus for bangor is in Wrexham which is 1 1/2 hours drive away. The last i heard was that bangor uni had decided not to continue with the radiography and some of the nursing courses based at the wrexham campus.

I think you should check on where it will be taught before you apply as the rumour was that Glyndwr uni was going to take over.
Reply 3
Im doing Radiography at Derby. Great facilities. I found that after looking, Cardiff was a good uni for it, as was Liverpool and Birstol. I never looked at Leeds or Bangor though!
Reply 4
As a student in my final year at Derby its gets my thumbs up. From what i've heard many uni's such as leeds and sheffield hallam lack with lecturer support and others such as teeside lack much direction
Reply 5
hey guys just an update thanks for all the advice! did some more research and narrowed it down to 5 for the ucas form Leeds, Salford, Exeter, Liverpool and Sheffield Hallam. went to an interview in leeds and the staff were horrible. went to interviews in sheffield hallam and exeter and i have to say i was really impressed lovely staff, lovely cities. but the one i couldn't get over was liverpool. it is absolutely gorgeous city, staff, students, the people in the street/shops even the taxi man who picked us up at the airport was lovely tellin us all about liverpool. where was good to eat and what shops to see. i was deleighted when i got a conditional offer from them so i now have liverpool as my firm and sheffield hallam as my insurance! thanks again.

all i need now are the grades in the exam!

Quick Reply

Latest