The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I will also will be sharing this year, although I am used to it, having shared rooms in my Erasmus year (I'm a finalist) and really enjoyed it - it was a great way to meet people and I'm still close friends with my roommate.

Does anyone know if the half rent is for the entire first term? I ask because I believe the rent usually comes out at the start of each term when none of us will know how long we'll be sharing and therefore how much exactly the rent will be.
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
I think the half rent only applies when you're sharing.
Anyone received arrival instructions yet? they told me they'd send them by the end of last week and they didn't :\
Reply 23
matt2k8
Anyone received arrival instructions yet? they told me they'd send them by the end of last week and they didn't :\

Nothing, but hey I'm still waiting for my Welcome pack :frown: ... Maybe we'll get something on Monday. *fingers crossed*
Segi
Nothing, but hey I'm still waiting for my Welcome pack :frown: ... Maybe we'll get something on Monday. *fingers crossed*

My friend who isn't even actually staying in Westwood got sent arrival instructions - so I emailed them again just to be 100% sure I've not been left off the list somehow!!
Reply 25
matt2k8
My friend who isn't even actually staying in Westwood got sent arrival instructions - so I emailed them again just to be 100% sure I've not been left off the list somehow!!

So, any news? I think I'm gonna email them myself if I don't get anything today.
Segi
So, any news? I think I'm gonna email them myself if I don't get anything today.

No news yet although the office doesn't open for another couple of minutes. Going to ring them this afternoon if they don't send anything this morning.
Reply 27
I got some instructions for what to do when turning up on the 2nd/3rd, they were pretty simple really, just common sense type things :/
Reply 28
Yeah I got the instructions last week... Was just a couple of maps and some general common sense stuff.. I can email them to you if you'd like. PM me.
I emailed/phoned them and sorted it all out :smile: there was an issue with my email address changing slightly but I'm not sure if it mattered
Reply 30
I had to nag them via email too. It worked.
Reply 31
Sharing too. I go in waves of being angry/feeling betrayed by Warwick and feeling like all the sharing going on in Westwood will give it a great ambiance.
markioe
Sharing too. I go in waves of being angry/feeling betrayed by Warwick and feeling like all the sharing going on in Westwood will give it a great ambiance.

Bear in mind also that plenty of people have been offered no accommodation at all. If you preferred to be off campus than in westwood sharing you could have declined the contract.
Reply 33
You can check which room your in by going student records > data> finance - there it will be written your room number next to what you need to pay for accommodation.
Anyone Loxley, second floor?
Block D. Anyone else?
Reply 36
Got Block G.

Latest