The Student Room Group
if you want to take engineering at degree level i'd take further maths.
it would be helpful for economics too.
Reply 2
I'd have an outline of what kind of career you want to go into.
Have a look on this website

http://www.connexions-direct.com/jobs4u/
Warrior078
Maths
Physics
History
Business Studies (Will drop for A2)

Can I maybe get into a economics degree or maybe some engineering degrees? I just don't know what I can achieve with those top 3 subjects (But I've heard they are very strong :smile: )

Thanks

Take AS Further Maths if possible.
Reply 4
TimmonaPortella
if you want to take engineering at degree level i'd take further maths.
it would be helpful for economics too.

I don't think I would be able to cope with further maths because I've heard it's so difficult :frown:
Warrior078
I don't think I would be able to cope with further maths because I've heard it's so difficult :frown:

there's some pretty complex maths in engineering (so i believe). if you aren't confident with maths you may want to consider if its the route for you.
Reply 6
TimmonaPortella
there's some pretty complex maths in engineering (so i believe). if you aren't confident with maths you may want to consider if its the route for you.

I am confident with maths just not confident in doing FM, how about some financial degrees? economics? maybe even law?
Reply 7
Warrior078
x

You'll end up doing all of the stuff you learn in FM on an engineering degree, it's better to find out earlier if you'll enjoy spending a large portion of your time doing maths.
Reply 8
Okay thanks, engineering seems to fit in with FM, but do I stand a chance with a good degree like economics or law with those A Levels?

Latest