The Student Room Group
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton
bright-eyes
Hi, can anyone help me?

I am thinking of transferring to Sussex from another uni and would like to know if anyone has been or knows someone who is in the same position as I am. Are the entry requirements the same for transferring students or are grades set higher?

If anyone can give me any information on this topic it would be a lot of help.

Hi,

I'm not really able to answer your question but this thread has quite a bit of useful info on transferring:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/t76888.html
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton
Reply 2
Thanks for the link.

I would like to hear in particular from people who have transferred to Sussex University from another institution, what difficulties they faced and whether the change from one university to another went smoothly. What did the Sussex Admissions Department assess you on? If you are getting high grades in your course modules and have good GCSEs but not so great A-levels do they take that into consideration, or would I just be wasting my time by applying? :confused:
Reply 3
Please, please, please someone post an answer to the above. I am worried about not being good enough for applying to Sussex.
bright-eyes
Please, please, please someone post an answer to the above. I am worried about not being good enough for applying to Sussex.

What were you're grades and what subject do you want to do?
bright-eyes

I think the best thing to do is send an email (or call) the admissions tutor and explain your situation. Term starts next week so do this quickly! It is also worth thinking about accommodation - all Sussex halls are full and have very long waiting lists - you would have to sort something out yourself or live with a host family.
Reply 6
hallucination
I think the best thing to do is send an email (or call) the admissions tutor and explain your situation. Term starts next week so do this quickly! It is also worth thinking about accommodation - all Sussex halls are full and have very long waiting lists - you would have to sort something out yourself or live with a host family.

Thanks, a lot. I'll do that.

I am doing English with History at my uni Ayaan, and have started my second year. My grades were BBC at A-level but am considered to be on course for a 2:1 degree if I continue with the progress I made in my first year modules.

Latest