The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Beneb
I just love his calm description of what the audience conceive to be stereotypical gay behaviour, followed by the complete shocker of a punch-line, made even better by the reactions of the audience/Ed/Dara etc.

Tis not really funny... I don't get what people find so compelling about Frankie, as far as I can tell all he does is say various politically incorrect things with that delivery. Don't get it I'm afraid.
Frankie Boyle's departure has had the same affect on MTW as Mark Lemarr and Bill Bailey's departure had on Buzzcocks :sad:
Reply 22
I enjoyed the skipping rope joke and a few other but the show is definitely on the decline since Frankie's departure. The show will be going into a further decline when Russell Howard leaving for 4 weeks starting from next week.

Apparently Frankie Boyle is going to have his own show in November on Channel 4 (no BBC trust to ruin his jokes) called Tramadol Nights.
Reply 23
Battenberg
Frankie Boyle's departure has had the same affect on MTW as Mark Lemarr and Bill Bailey's departure had on Buzzcocks :sad:

I prefer Amstell :colonhash:

Bill Bailey is irreplaceable though.
Reply 24
It was better than some of the more recent series episodes I thought, Russel Howards wayne roony rhyme was great, as was hugh's seismese twin joke. No idea why they keep inviting Milton Whatshisface back, just isn't at all funny. Russel, Hugh and Dara are all good I think. Shame Frankie left. Wouldn't mind seeing Jimmy Car on their sometime but that won't happen while 8 out of 10 cats is on.
Beneb
I prefer Amstell :colonhash:

Bill Bailey is irreplaceable though.

It says you quoted me twice :confused:
I actually saw the Amstell eps before the Lemarr ones and in comparison found Amstell to be like a joke that's funny at first but then just gets annoying. Like cellophaning someone's loo EVERY day for a month. Still better than most the guest hosts they had though.
Yep, he will be missed :frown: Although I think in time I could grow to love Noel Fielding in his place (probably not as much but pretty close).
Reply 26
Beneb
I just love his calm description of what the audience conceive to be stereotypical gay behaviour, followed by the complete shocker of a punch-line, made even better by the reactions of the audience/Ed/Dara etc.

It's lost without Frankie, this just made me miss him more :frown:It's not just what he says it's the sarcastic way he says it, his just brilliant.
Was very dull tonight and it used to be my favourite thing on tv, would watch it on repeat over and over.
FRANKIE SOULD HAVE HIS OWN TV SHOW :biggrin:

Oh and i used to think Russell Howard was hot, but now i think his became aware of this and now is trying to be hot, it's unattractive.
Reply 27
I don't think tonight's episode was as good as usual - usually I'm in absolute hysterics, today it was just a chuckle now and then.
I think the earlier part of this season, before the break, was hilarious though, I thought it was just as good without Frankie Boyle (although he is amazing...)
Reply 28
Beneb

I haven't laughed harder at this program than I did at Hugh Dennis' Siamese twins "their friends call them the skipping rope" joke since Frankie's legendary "actually, they f*cked me" line.

O my gosh, yes. The look on Andy Parson's face when he tried to follow up that joke was hilarious.
Reply 29
Frankie Boyle was indeed the highlight of MTW. Shame he went off to do a tour, (well when I shame it was actually beneficial for me seeing as I went to see him and I don't think I have laughed so much ever, my throat started to hurt towards the end of it!)

Although I do like Hugh Dennis and think he is a good, funny member of the MTW panel. If you do want a big laugh from MTW I suggest that you get the Too Hot For TV DVD's. Much better than the actual show, and lots of the best bits as well.
Frankie Boyle doesn't even write his own standup material it it written for him. Also if you watch Mock the Week and then watch his standup you will see the same 'jokes' used over and over again. I actually found the show to get tedious and too political when Frankie Boyle and Russel Howard started using the show as a platform to spout their views instead of trying to make people laugh!
Reply 31
i still pref frankie boils joke about the queens ***** being haunted
Read the riot act
Frankie Boyle doesn't even write his own standup material it it written for him. Also if you watch Mock the Week and then watch his standup you will see the same 'jokes' used over and over again. I actually found the show to get tedious and too political when Frankie Boyle and Russel Howard started using the show as a platform to spout their views instead of trying to make people laugh!

Not to mention he steals a lot of his jokes off Sickipedia, which in my book, makes him a total ****.
Reply 33
gerrybeth
It's lost without Frankie, this just made me miss him more :frown:It's not just what he says it's the sarcastic way he says it, his just brilliant.
Was very dull tonight and it used to be my favourite thing on tv, would watch it on repeat over and over.
FRANKIE SOULD HAVE HIS OWN TV SHOW :biggrin:

Oh and i used to think Russell Howard was hot, but now i think his became aware of this and now is trying to be hot, it's unattractive.

His new show is starting in November on Channel 4 :smile:
Reply 34
sid1
His new show is starting in November on Channel 4 :smile:

Rep. You made my day :smile:
Reply 35
What also doesn't make sense since Frankie has left, is that during the Newsreel round the teams are not even. It only had 1 person from Hugh Dennis' team whilst 2 from Russell's

Latest