The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Imperial Accommodation T&Cs

You Agree:

a. not to wire more than one appliance into one electrical plug.

b. not to plug electrical appliances into light fittings.

c. not to use multiple adaptors in a single socket (as there is a danger of overloading the circuit).

d. only to plug electric shavers into the transformer sockets where fitted.

e. only to use purpose made leads with electric kettles (which are short and designed to prevent scalding).

f. not to use electrical extension leads.

g. not to interfere with the electrical distribution boards in the hall or attempt to replace blown fuses.

h. not to put nails into any of the walls.

i. never to remove light bulbs from their fittings (report any faults to the hall supervisor).

j. not to make any alteration to the IT, mains or telephone wiring in the accommodation or, without the College’s prior consent, to install any radio or television aerial or other wiring or make any attachment to the accommodation in connection therewith.

How can I not be allowed to use electrical extension leads. Desktop pc needs at least 2 power plugs for the monitor and tower (unless you use a Y-cable which everyone condemns).

Let's say my desk very generously has 2 plugs, plus one by my bedside, I have 2 monitors, a tower, lamp, and a YAMAHA amp plus sub. Though you could argue I don't need the last 2, that's still 4 plugs. I don't mind using a Y cable on the monitors, so that's 3.

I'm still going to take my surge protection electrical extension cable.

Dear Dear
thomas49th
How can I not be allowed to use electrical extension leads. Desktop pc needs at least 2 power plugs for the monitor and tower (unless you use a Y-cable which everyone condemns).

Let's say my desk very generously has 2 plugs, plus one by my bedside, I have 2 monitors, a tower, lamp, and a YAMAHA amp plus sub. Though you could argue I don't need the last 2, that's still 4 plugs. I don't mind using a Y cable on the monitors, so that's 3.

I'm still going to take my surge protection electrical extension cable.

Dear Dear

i think they have to put that on all contracts for safety reasons. i read it and just thought "what the **** are they gonna do?". i can't live on a single monitor setup anymore so i have no choice
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Reply 2
yeah i thought WTF:curious: when i saw this too, im bring mine in anycase... im sure most people will still use them, they can get ****** if they think i aint protecting my rig against surges :biggrin:
Reply 3
Yeah, bring it. Just make friends with your cleaner so that they won't report you :p:
kcfch
Yeah, bring it. Just make friends with your cleaner so that they won't report you :p:

we have cleaners for our room? 0.o how often do they come in?
^ Every fortnight.
Ignore them completely, didn't do anyone I know any harm.
alterbridge06
^ Every fortnight.

i thought it was just for the kitchens and bathrooms? lol
Reply 8
VersaEmerge

nahh your room too! They'll clean the bathroom/sink, hoover and wipe clean your desk. They wont pick you clothes off the floor and fold them up neatly for you though :P Oh and if your room is deemed too messy, they'll leave a note saying so, and they won't clean it for you :biggrin:
VersaEmerge

Nah we get cleanage of kitchens, bathrooms and rooms.

From the license:

4 Cleaning

4.1 In Orient House and Parsons House, the College cleans all sanitary, kitchens, communal areas and study bedrooms fortnightly. In Clayponds, all sanitary, kitchen and communal areas are cleaned weekly and study bedrooms are cleaned fortnightly. In all other cases, the College will clean all sanitary, kitchen, communal and reception areas daily, Monday to Friday, and study bedrooms fortnightly.

Couple/family accommodation does not receive a College cleaning service.

4.2 The cleaning service will be reduced during College closure periods (Christmas and Easter) and on bank holidays.
Reply 10
Only at Imperial would people be worrying about their two monitor setup not working :p:.

:ninja:

Latest

Trending

Trending