The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Finished 3 years.

Felt so relieved handing in my dissertation. I slept like a baby last night but I'm so exhausted.
Original post by sleekchic
Finished 3 years.

Felt so relieved handing in my dissertation. I slept like a baby last night but I'm so exhausted.

Just think, you've spent about 14% of your life so far studying law... :moon:
Original post by Tortious
Just think, you've spent about 14% of your life so far studying law... :moon:

That's quite nerdy tbh. :tongue:

and just to prove how exahusted I am, I'm still trying to work out the percentage.
Original post by sleekchic
That's quite nerdy tbh. :tongue:

and just to prove how exahusted I am, I'm still trying to work out the percentage.

Well, I assumed you're 21 and with a three year course, that's 1/7. [noparse] :p:

I'm currently enduring the "reflective second year" phase. I don't feel jealous of the people who are out there in the sun - I just can't get over how quickly this year's gone! :sad:
Well, I assumed you're 21 and with a three year course, that's 1/7. [noparse]
:p:

I'm currently enduring the "reflective second year" phase. I don't feel jealous of the people who are out there in the sun - I just can't get over how quickly this year's gone! :sad:

Looks like the maths is right.

But you've still got one more year to go.
Arguable maths imo - might be better to say you spent 1/7th of your life being a law student than 1/7th of your life studying law. Unless you really do study 24/7 !
Equity tomorrow :afraid:
Gl Geth - first day of new term tomorrow for me - anyone else out there doing a 2 year accelerated degree or similar working through the summer? :smile:
Original post by gethsemane342
Equity tomorrow :afraid:

Good luck! My equity exams was actually quite nice, dodged a bullet with the questions.
Really scared that I have messed up my first year. Messed around for about 60% of the year - but I always did my assignments and readings. Still, think I messed up obligations, it was so difficult!! Grrr next year I am going to work so hard, now that I know what i have to do to do well!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
I have absolutely no idea whatsoever how I have managed to get 58% in my EU exam when I did next to no revision. I honestly don't have a clue.

You will find me in the nearest bar necking a few cocktails in the sun.

WOOOHOOOOOOOOOO.
Original post by suffocation1992
Good luck! My equity exams was actually quite nice, dodged a bullet with the questions.

Cheers. Unfortunately, that was by far the worst paper I've sat since I started uni. And this includes my international paper last year where I made up the law on immunity. Forget not knowing equity: I don't even know what some of the questions were asking! What is contractarian theory, please?

Upside to this is that nearly everyone I've spoken to had more-or-less the same reaction. I've broken my attempt at healthy, balanced eating and eaten so much junk food, I feel bloated but less depressed at the 2.2/3rd I've just gotten...
Cheers. Unfortunately, that was by far the worst paper I've sat since I started uni. And this includes my international paper last year where I made up the law on immunity. Forget not knowing equity: I don't even know what some of the questions were asking! What is contractarian theory, please?

Upside to this is that nearly everyone I've spoken to had more-or-less the same reaction. I've broken my attempt at healthy, balanced eating and eaten so much junk food, I feel bloated but less depressed at the 2.2/3rd I've just gotten...

It's character building. I doubt you'll do that badly anyway, always feels worse when you've just come out the exam.
Original post by Norton1
It's character building. I doubt you'll do that badly anyway, always feels worse when you've just come out the exam.

I used criminology to back up a point. In an essay about equity. Which is as private law as you can get. I also nearly referenced Disney and stopped myself just in time.

I hope my new character levels up soon... :wink:
I used criminology to back up a point. In an essay about equity. Which is as private law as you can get. I also nearly referenced Disney and stopped myself just in time.

I hope my new character levels up soon... :wink:

You sicken me.

You FURTHER sickened me when you didn't reference Disney.
(edited 11 years ago)

"Contractarian theory" appears to be a more pretentious mature way of referring to the "social contract".

More info here.
Original post by Norton1
You sicken me.

You FURTHER sickened me when you didn't reference Disney.

Ha ha, the reason I didn't reference it isn't because I thought it would be a bad idea. It was because I'd have to explain the reference (essentially, as I wrote a conclusion, I was thinking of Frollo from the Hunchback of Notre Dame. The reference seemed too wordy to fit in)

"Contractarian theory" appears to be a more pretentious mature way of referring to the "social contract".

More info here.

Nah, just found it. It's in a 1995 Yale Law Journal: Here Naturally. I just *knew* I should have started reading the Yale Law Journal on top of all the UK ones :facepalm:
Reply 2357
Ha ha, the reason I didn't reference it isn't because I thought it would be a bad idea. It was because I'd have to explain the reference (essentially, as I wrote a conclusion, I was thinking of Frollo from the Hunchback of Notre Dame. The reference seemed too wordy to fit in)

Nah, just found it. It's in a 1995 Yale Law Journal: Here Naturally. I just *knew* I should have started reading the Yale Law Journal on top of all the UK ones :facepalm:

I have equity at 2. I am about to join you in this mutual mourning tbh. I SHOULD HAVE PICKED HISTORY OF ART! :unimpressed:
Original post by mirin?
I have equity at 2. I am about to join you in this mutual mourning tbh. I SHOULD HAVE PICKED HISTORY OF ART! :unimpressed:

Hope it went well. Or, at least, better than mine did!
Reply 2359
Hope it went well. Or, at least, better than mine did!

Tort at 2 in the afternoon.

Apt, I think.

(edited 11 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending