The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Family, Tort, Trusts and Property :cool: what did you take?
Reply 21
Starting first year at Cambridge in three weeks :bigsmile:
So excited! :nutcase:

Great idea for a society btw!
Reply 22
flyinthesky
Family, Tort, Trusts and Property :cool: what did you take?

:shock: exactly those!

How did you do in first year?
Reply 23
Submitted society application.

Ape Gone Insane
x

Why so many deleted posts? :holmes:
2nd year at Sussex :smile:
Reply 25
I would join this society. :smile:
Reply 26
Guvnor
Yep indeed it is, well its more on the vocational side and you do a lot of learning on your feet. It can be dull at times to be honest but it is interesting as its an total different side, were learning the real deal now, well to some extent anyway. I guess it takes some time getting used to it, I just want it over and done with tbh.

How about you, final year at KCL. Manage to secure a TC yet ? If Law is what you want to go in to. KCL is a favorite with the big firms :yy:

Yeah, I'm quite looking forward to the stage beyond the degree.

To be honest, I paid next to no attention to the degree in first year, and nowhere near enough last year so I'm still averaging a 2:2 (all be it a high one, and with the knowledge I did next to no work), and so I haven't applied for TCs/pupillages at this point. If it puts me behind by a year, I'll use it to work and gain legal experience, so I'm happy with it. Not much point applying with a 2:2, unless it's what I end up after this year!

I'm looking more towards securing a pupillage, although I realise that's that bit harder again. What makes you say they favour KCL students? :holmes:
Reply 27
doivid
I would join this society. :smile:

I've sent the application off - so hopefully it'll be an 'official' society soon.

Which Oxford college are you at?
Reply 28
thejonsmith
I've sent the application off - so hopefully it'll be an 'official' society soon.

Which Oxford college are you at?

Mansfield :smile:
Reply 29
I'll be starting Law with German at Cardiff University in about two weeks =) can't wait!! =)
doivid
Mansfield :smile:

Just out of curiosity, why didn't you study A-level Law?
Future law student here.
I approve of this society.
Reply 32
2nd year LLB Law with French student :wink: YEAR ABROAD NEXT YEAR :biggrin:
I am mostly intersted in the Law and Finance masters degree at Oxford.
What do you guys think about it.
Reply 34
Stalin
Just out of curiosity, why didn't you study A-level Law?

I didn't study it because unis don't require it. Besides, it's only offered as a distance learning course at my sixth form. Lots of university Law students don't study A level Law.
Reply 35
Theconomist
I am mostly intersted in the Law and Finance masters degree at Oxford.
What do you guys think about it.

It's a new masters course so you won't find anyone that has studied it yet. However, I would imagine that it is a very useful and interesting postgrad course.
doivid
I didn't study it because unis don't require it. Besides, it's only offered as a distance learning course at my sixth form. Lots of university Law students don't study A level Law.

Are subjects such as Maths, Physics, Chemistry etc viewed as more respectable than Law at A-level?
Celtic_Anthony
3rd Year at Glasgow. Scots Law, OK :mfing:

Hell yea!

Just starting first year at strathclyde. Scot's law (llb)

But yea, I'm looking forward to it :biggrin:
Reply 38
Stalin
Are subjects such as Maths, Physics, Chemistry etc viewed as more respectable than Law at A-level?

Probably.
doivid
Probably.

That is what I figured.
I like the fact that it's an intensive 10 month course.
My plan is to study 3 years LLB Oxford and then take the Law and Finance right afterwards.
Congrats on making it to Oxford btw.
Just wondering what kind of questions did they ask you during the interview and what did you score in the LNAT?

Latest

Trending

Trending