The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Celtic_Anthony
Shut up and feck off: nobody cares and we'd all rather you'd bought it at Brighton.

And I thought David Haye was bad. :toofunny:

Elbow from the ******* sky.
thejonsmith
Submitted society application.

Why so many deleted posts? :holmes:

:iiam:
Margaret Thatcher
That's debatable. The Black Panthers (also pictured in his profile) were certainly racist.

Whatever. Either way in its no way relevant to the thread. Either state which law school you're at or get out.
Celtic_Anthony
:top:

I know, distantly, a few folk studying law there and hear good things. It's no Glasgow, but...

:biggrin:

Pfttt apparently they're nicer to their students :biggrin:
And good I'm getting really excited :biggrin:
And poshyy - I'm allowed to say this because I went to a private school :p:-
Reply 64
Commencing second year at Exeter. :smile:
Celtic_Anthony
Good thing I'm only in classes for ~10 hours this year then :biggrin:

That's good, you won't be excited when you get hit with essays, but it is a good course! And naw, I won't have any of that inverse-snobbery here :p:

Oh gawd essays...the thing is I don't mind writing them..as long as I know what I'm writing about, but I have a feeling I'm going to be completely lost lmao.
Pfft how come so few?
My handwriting is awful so I'm screwed when it comes to essays :sigh:
Reply 67
Ape Gone Insane
My handwriting is awful so I'm screwed when it comes to essays :sigh:

They're all done on pcs these days. Miracle of technology and all that.
Reply 68
QMUL Law Fresher Right Here!
Pre-university reading.

Reply 70
Ape Gone Insane
Pre-university reading.

Your pre-course reading includes a history of Western Philosophy? :holmes:

I did absolutely no course reading whatsoever before the course and little more throughout the first two years, bar the occasional journal article and selective (read: frantic) reading of the textbooks.

Made your way through any/all of those yet?
Reply 71
will be starting law at York next month!
Ape Gone Insane
Pre-university reading.

What About Law? is a fairly good read.
thejonsmith
Your pre-course reading includes a history of Western Philosophy? :holmes:

I did absolutely no course reading whatsoever before the course and little more throughout the first two years, bar the occasional journal article and selective (read: frantic) reading of the textbooks.

Made your way through any/all of those yet?

A slight indulgence :p: I heard good things about the book so went for the purchase :gah:

I'm hoping to get stuck right in. I have read ... a few pages of one of them. :sigh: Not had time during Freshers to be honest (or before).

Stalin
What About Law? is a fairly good read.

Will check it out, cheers. :yy:

G8D
X

Quoted for attention. This thread may interest you, GHD. :h:
I sugest everyone read What is Law?
It's really good.
Reply 75
Ape Gone Insane
A slight indulgence :p: I heard good things about the book so went for the purchase :gah:

I'm hoping to get stuck right in. I have read ... a few pages of one of them. :sigh: Not had time during Freshers to be honest (or before)

Could be worth it for when you get to Jurisprudence, or if you take Moral Philosophy (or similar Scots law version, ofc).

Yeah, it's an issue. I just decided that, as there wasn't a list from uni, there wasn't any to do. It's worth reading at least the books as you go though - something I wish I'd done. :sigh:

Also, I notice this thread's in your sig too. :h:
thejonsmith
Could be worth it for when you get to Jurisprudence, or if you take Moral Philosophy (or similar Scots law version, ofc).

Yeah, it's an issue. I just decided that, as there wasn't a list from uni, there wasn't any to do. It's worth reading at least the books as you go though - something I wish I'd done. :sigh:

Also, I notice this thread's in your sig too. :h:

Law in Society :holmes: I still prefer the name Jurisprudence. Sounds better tbh. :colonhash:

Is it too late for you now? Or are you on track for a high grade?

Course :h: I was thinking of creating a Law Chat thread (to copy the Maths folks :shifty: ) a while back but didn't because the Law forum is relatively :tumble: Glad someone else took the plunge.
Reply 77
Another Law fresher here- studying at York in October.
Reply 78
Ape Gone Insane
Law in Society :holmes: I still prefer the name Jurisprudence. Sounds better tbh. :colonhash:

Is it too late for you now? Or are you on track for a high grade?

Course :h: I was thinking of creating a Law Chat thread (to copy the Maths folks :shifty: ) a while back but didn't because the Law forum is relatively :tumble: Glad someone else took the plunge.

Do you prefer Delict or Tort, as a name? I agree, law in society doesn't sound as good. :sadnod:

Well... this year I plan to, i.e need to, work and it's still worth 50% of the degree. Essentially, a safe 2:1 will get me a 2:1, so I'll aim for the best possible mark I can, by actually working. It should still be possible, given that I've got good 2:2s without attending, working or even revising for more than a few days.

Yeah, I decided to try and get a couple of people in who I knew were doing law, so it wasn't too dead. Once people know it's there, it'll hopefully get the traffic, given the number of people that have posted on it so far, and the amount of people that do Law.

When did your freshers start?
Reply 79
THEJACKLE
Another Law fresher here- studying at York in October.

There's another York fresher I spotted on this thread - think they posted on the previous page.

Latest

Trending

Trending