The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 160
thejonsmith
That's the Law Society, which (I believe) is just for those with an interest in Law, as opposed to current students.

Ohh right, yeah thats the one :smile:

I think the mods will get round to approving of it sooner or later.
Reply 161
Is currently waiting for 1st October :holmes:
Reply 162
Applying for mini-pupillages is just as boring as applying for vacation schemes. :couchpotato:
thejonsmith
:shock: exactly those!

How did you do in first year?

Good choices :wink: I did pretty well, got a 2.1 overall :biggrin: how are you doing so far? And what have you taken this year?
Reply 164
flyinthesky
Good choices :wink: I did pretty well, got a 2.1 overall :biggrin: how are you doing so far? And what have you taken this year?

2:2 because I've failed to attend anything or even revise properly. :emo:

Taking Jurisprudence, Employment, Company and half modules in Copyright & Designs and Trademarks & Passing off this year. :h:

Enjoyed Kings so far?

Also, couldn't help noticing you're 4'8. :cute:
thejonsmith
Is that what you did with the Film Fanatics?

Indeed. Well, after a week of being pestered by people, :ninja: they did it pretty much there and then.
G8D
Just went for Criminal and PIL. I may contact you about those books.

Roman law is kinda interesting me but it's a full 40 credits and I want SOME variety :p:

Are any of the level 1 courses carried over into level 2 to allow you to revisit anything you missed?
Forensic Med and Business law may end up appealing to me later once I find specific interest..

Roman Law's only twenty credits, I think? I did it last year, and it was only a second semester subject. Quoted as twenty here http://www.gla.ac.uk/coursecatalogue/course/?code=8RCU. Not sure about the other thing, I THINK you can do that, but don't quote me on it.

Anyway, second year Law student, Glasgow Uni, half looking forward to going back :p: had a pretty good summer though despite being horrifically lazy, so it's not without some trepidation.
Reply 167
Ape Gone Insane
Indeed. Well, after a week of being pestered by people, :ninja: they did it pretty much there and then.

Put the AASM request in.

Also, how long's TSR going down for?
thejonsmith
Put the AASM request in.

Also, how long's TSR going down for?

1.5 to 2.5 hours from midnight Wednesday 15th September.

:smile:
thejonsmith
2:2 because I've failed to attend anything or even revise properly. :emo:

Taking Jurisprudence, Employment, Company and half modules in Copyright & Designs and Trademarks & Passing off this year. :h:

Enjoyed Kings so far?

Also, couldn't help noticing you're 4'8. :cute:

Oooh I was thinking of doing copyright & designs, you'll have to let me know what it's like :smile: I've had a really good time at kings so far, lived at gds with some awesome people and just had a great year overall :biggrin:

And yes, I'm 4'8 :p: I get asked for ID all the time but I can wear kids clothes and shoes so I guess that sort of makes up for it?
Reply 170
Ape Gone Insane
:smile:

They want to see similar activity levels for a month :lolwut:

Also, "midnight Wednesday 12th September" - does that mean in 15 minutes?
G8D
It's already been proven that my reading of the Guide to Level Choices is less than adequate :p:
Double checked there and it is 20 :colondollar:

Thanks for the input though, maybe see you around at some point :dontknow:

Now I just need to hope I get College Approved before 9:15 tomorrow.

We've all done it :p: trying to arrange courses and things for uni puts me in a state of mild panic (that said, I seem to exist in a constant state of panic, so this is nothing new).

And quite possibly, I bumped into a few people I knew from TSR near the start of last year :p: although tbf one of those I had met beforehand anyway, think the rest I met during Freshers or thereabouts. Seems so long ago now...
Reply 172
flyinthesky
I can wear kids clothes and shoes

No VAT ftw.
jjarvis
No VAT ftw.

Exactly! 20% soon :eek3: I feel sorry for normal sized people :p:
Reply 174
flyinthesky
Exactly! 20% soon :eek3: I feel sorry for normal sized people :p:

S'ok, I just buy my clothes in the US when I'm home! :yep: At least they don't charge VAT on law books, which unfortunately I can't buy in the US.
Reply 175
Currently applying for mini-pupillages, it's slow progress, but it's going somewhere at least.
Reply 176
Applied to about ten Criminal sets now. :proud:
Reading to do. :moon:
We use the argument and analysis in the classic case of Donoghue v Stevenson 1932 SC (HL) 31. The case is 32 pages long and you will need to print it out, but hold onto it, as it is a case to which you will be referred on many occasions during your degree.

:nooo:
Reply 179
Yeh I've just been given my first case study, with 10 questions to answer before October 1st. It's R v Gemmell and Richard, with questions about recklessness and developments since Caldwell. No idea how I should approach it really - currently I'm just reading it through a few times and putting stars next to the parts that I think will help me answer the questions. Any tips?

Latest

Trending

Trending