The Student Room Group

Law Students - Chat Thread

For current university Law students, and those studying for the LPC or BPTC.

A place to chat, discuss the course and life in general.

Might be best to start with a little introduction, i.e your university and year of study.

The real reason for testing the waters with this one is that the medics have their own TSR Society and there doesn't seem to be a legal one as of yet. :unimpressed:

Four weeks later, we've become a recognised society :smile:.
(edited 13 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I just finished my law degree, currently doing the LPC at Bloomsbury.

I think its an excellent idea for a thread as most of the other sections have it, good thinking :yy:
I'm a 2nd year student doing European Legal Studies (LLB) at the University of Kent at Canterbury. I'll be spending next academic year in Europe somewhere, although I haven't decided where yet..possibly Vienna.

Good work, Jon :yy:
Reply 3
Guvnor
I just finished my law degree, currently doing the LPC at Bloomsbury.

I think its an excellent idea for a thread as most of the other sections have theirs, good thinking :yy:

Given that it's in Bloomsbury, I assume you're at the College of Law?

How're you finding it so far?

>Anna<
I'm a 2nd year student doing European Legal Studies (LLB) at the University of Kent at Canterbury. I'll be spending next academic year in Europe somewhere, although I haven't decided where yet..possibly Vienna.

Is it English Law with European Law (i.e you get an LLB in English and French/German) or is specifically European Legal Studies?
Reply 4
I'm (nearly) a first year at Cambridge. :smile:

Also, I think there's a TSR Law Society, but that seems to be for anyone with a general interest in Law. I'm not sure if you're aware... :dontknow:
Reply 5
Tortious
I'm (nearly) a first year at Cambridge. :smile:

Also, I think there's a TSR Law Society, but that seems to be for anyone with a general interest in Law. I'm not sure if you're aware... :dontknow:

Indeed - that's why the title stipulates "students" :smile:.

Starting in September then?
Reply 6
I'm going into my third year of LLB Commercial Law at University of Hull =)
thejonsmith
I'm a third year law student at KCL. :wave:

I'm a second year at KCL :woo:
Starting at UCL in a couple weeks.
Reply 9
thejonsmith
Given that it's in Bloomsbury, I assume you're at the College of Law?

How're you finding it so far?

Yep indeed it is, well its more on the vocational side and you do a lot of learning on your feet. It can be dull at times to be honest but it is interesting as its an total different side, were learning the real deal now, well to some extent anyway. I guess it takes some time getting used to it, I just want it over and done with tbh.

How about you, final year at KCL. Manage to secure a TC yet ? If Law is what you want to go in to. KCL is a favorite with the big firms :yy:
Reply 10
ParadigmShift
Starting at UCL in a couple weeks.

Good luck :smile:
Guvnor
Good luck :smile:

Cheers mate, definitely looking forward to starting!
Reply 12
Second year, QMUL. Hoping to be a solicitor.
Reply 13
thejonsmith
Indeed - that's why the title stipulates "students" :smile:.

Starting in September then?

Fair enough, hopefully this one will be more active! :p:

We don't start until October, so I've got about another fortnight before I start my last-minute packing. :wink: I've been plodding along doing an essay that they want for the start of term, but rumour has it we should also have had a reading list which seems to have gone missing. Oh dear. :sad:
Officially start lectures on Monday.
Reply 15
I miss freshers week :tongue:

:teeth:
Reply 16
flyinthesky
I'm a second year at KCL :woo:

What modules are you taking? :holmes:
Reply 17
Ape Gone Insane
How come?

I just read :awesome: Good luck with the LPC. :yy:

Oi, you didn't introduce yourself. :hmmm:

Whereabouts are you going? :smile:
Reply 18
Ape Gone Insane
University of Dundee. Dual qualifying in Scots and English law :moon:

Congratulations on your Cambridge place. :h:

Thanks. :hugs:

I didn't know it was possible to qualify in both through a degree - I always assumed you could do it later down the line with some kind of conversion course. How interesting! :biggrin:
Law graduate here. Graduated with a 2:1 from KCL and could only find a job as an air hostess.

Latest