The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Rhiani-ani-on
I would say I'm number 2 aswell, I have ventured into number 1 but never on purpose, I guess I was just learning my limit lol x

Lol I think most people are like this tbh, apart from the unlucky few who never seem to learn their limit.
Reply 21
To be honest I really don't believe most of the anecdotal evidence posted on the student room. The great majority of people are not throwing up naked on the floor after a night out, I'm sure one or two will always go over the top but thats the same in anything, think of them as alcohol extremists if you will.

Calling people who drink conformist to me is almost embarrassing, people do it because its fun and because they like it. I love a beer after a hard days work and I don't feel like I fit in better or impress people by saying that. The people who proudly state they are teetotal are those with a problem because drink or not its no big deal and nothing to sing about either way.
Reply 22
O_RLY?
There's four types of people:

1) Those who go out to end up on the floor.
2) Those who go out, drink to loosen up and just have a laugh.
3) Those who don't drink, but still enjoy themselves.
4) Those that refuse to go out because it's a waste of time and money.

I'm number 2, I know my limit and I don't go out to get pissed, but instead just want to have a good time with my mates. I have no problem with numbers 2 and 3, but each to their own and all that.

There's definitely at least another category halfway in between 1 and 2, and also in between 3 and 4..
Reply 23
SpiritedAway
:no: Especially not in continental Europe

I think it's stupid too OP. I find it actually quite embarrassing :/ Why would someone want to become that ill?

Hmm.. one of my friends went to a festival in France and said that they were all getting just as pissed as people do in the UK.

However, in general, you don't see as many drunk people out in public.
there is no such thing as individuality. But everybody is different.
Ergh it annoys me too. I don't go out that much really but If I do I know when to stop drinking....I have a phobia of being sick!!
Reply 26
Haha, I don't drink or smoke or enjoy the whole club scene to much. I go out I enjoy company yeah. I'm not overly posh or hard to talk to.

Seriously, if you don't drink just say "I don't drink" Don't pretend you got hammered two days ago and want some rewind time. Just say you don't drink because you don't want to.

:p:

To each there own, and if people can't accept it or exclude people because of it then what else won't they be willing to accept? Not the be all.
Sarawrr
Hmm.. one of my friends went to a festival in France and said that they were all getting just as pissed as people do in the UK.

However, in general, you don't see as many drunk people out in public.

Hmm it might be a regional thing, but in Germany they might drink 2 or 3 beers, but the idea is not to get drunk. Equally, my Italian, Spanish and French friends here frown upon even being slightly tipsy. The same with my bf's friends (he's Greek) they also, seem to look down upon even being tipsy :dontknow:.
I don't conform, I embrace
Reply 29
SpiritedAway
Hmm it might be a regional thing, but in Germany they might drink 2 or 3 beers, but the idea is not to get drunk. Equally, my Italian, Spanish and French friends here frown upon even being slightly tipsy. The same with my bf's friends (he's Greek) they also, seem to look down upon even being tipsy :dontknow:.

Yeah, I think it varies. When a friend of mine had some French visitors who were our age, they had a few drinks with us. We were all a bit beyond tipsy but they said that was how they often spent their evenings - they didn't have a problem with anyone's drinking.

Then again, you don't see that many completely paralytic people where I live.
Reply 30
I wish I was as self-righteous, pure and perfect are some of you guys, but I like to drink on a night out.
Reply 31
SpiritedAway

Your friends sound like fun :indiff:
py0alb
Your friends sound like fun :indiff:

Why is being drunk fun :s-smilie: It's stupid.
I'm a sensible drunk, but I do like to get drunk. :awesome: I only ever get stupid unintentionally, and it's NOT my idea of a good night out. More like a cringey one.

Most of the time, I just drink to loosen up and dance. It's the way to be, OP. :top:
Reply 34
Gandalf_is_a_girl
Imagine all the blackened and scarred livers the NHS will treat in 10-15 years time. Yuck.

Hahahahahahaha

I feel bad for laughing, but to be honest it's their own fault.
Pfft. Generally the aim is to go out and not end up on the floor. That is when you have gone too far. I have done it. Felt stupid afterwards.

Everyone drinking is conformist yes. But if no one drank that would be conformist too. Stupid use of word.
Oooh good, a thread for people to be smug and superior in.
SpiritedAway

But watching other people be drunk is absolutely hilarious. Assuming they are not an angry drunk.
Reply 38
SpiritedAway

It just is. It's hard to describe; unless you have experienced it first hand and in the right circumstances and frame of mind, you will never really understand. There is a reason why mankind has been getting drunk for hundreds of thousands of years. It's an integral part of our evolutionary makeup. Why is having sex fun? Why is playing sport fun? Why is anything fun?
Reply 39
Drinking till you puke is stupid. should try learning to hold there alchol instead!

mind you im sure we all have/ or will do it at some point

Latest

Trending

Trending