The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
would be interesting to see the difference in answers from those who consider themselves white and those who do not. Just a thought
Reply 2
Don't worry you're not "scaring" anyone, because its not something to be scared of! Does it really matter who's white and non-white.... No!
Reply 3
Is this a question about the UK being predominantly non-white or the changes in the country that could come about because of it?
I'd be all like "IT'S MORPHIN' TIME!!!" and "TIME TO KILL!!!" and so on and so forth. I blame the immigints.
Reply 5
truthfully if that was the case, id leave the country
Reply 6
Well the British will move out and take over somewhere else.
I'm English. If people are honest with themselves they will acknowledge firstly that very uncertain times lie ahead for this country no matter what. And they will acknowledge that generally the question arises from the official policy of mass immigration and multiculturalism. And secondly that what the OP is saying is a real possibility for Europe, based on current trends.

Anyway I would feel sad for my children and grandchildren. Because they will grow up in a country that should have been theirs but which is not.
AmyNutter
Don't worry you're not "scaring" anyone, because its not something to be scared of! Does it really matter who's white and non-white.... No!

Yea because if you're realistic you'll acknowledge that England cannot be the same with different people in it.
id be very suprised as its extreamly unlikely... but who knows...
mark.266
truthfully if that was the case, id leave the country

And then country you move to will complain about how foreigners are moving in and taking their jobs, and you will protest against that not realising the hypocrisy of it. See how it works now?
Annoyed
Reply 12
I truly, honestly would not care. I think our culture would change, but our culture is always changing.
Reply 13
Time Tourist
Yea because if you're realistic you'll acknowledge that England cannot be the same with different people in it.

Okay so you can't be black and British then?
By "different people" you mean?
Reply 14
I wouldn't be happy if I'm honest. I'd mainly be sad to be a minority in my own country, and to see many of our cultural values lost.
Reply 15
I wont be living here but if i heard that the uk was non white i would lose it.

Britain should stay predominatly white.
Job done :awesome:
Countries and nations are always changing and ethnic groups are always shifting. I have no problem with it. I don't feel like I have a 'right' to an exclusively white British country - that just implies that I have an issue with mixing with other nationalities, which is utterly ridiculous. In hippy-love-peace mode, there's a lot that different cultures can learn from eachother, and a diverse (yet integrated) nation is where I'd ideally like to live. /hippytalk
loafer
WARNING: This may require thought.

Hypothetical situation: 2070, most of us are entering our eighties and the country we live in has visibly changed massively since our youth, a census puts the non-white population at 65%, increase is due to higher birth rates amongst non-white immigrant groups orginating from Asia and Africa. A fair proportion of the 35% white population is of Eastern European origin.

I AM NOT SAYING THAT THIS IS HAPPENING, THERE IS NO EVIDENCE SAYING THAT IT WILL maybe these numbers are not possible, I don't know, I INVENTED THE NUMBERS. I am not supporting a side or an agenda. I hope that I'm not scaring anyone and I don't think anyone should be offended by the question. I picked 60 years because most of us will still be alive then, but is realistically distant. Treat this like an alternative reality question if you want.

So I'm curious, how would you feel about it?
How you think that our culture or national identity or values would changed by this?

What do you think?

There will be no UK, or Africa in 60 years.

The world would have changed as follows:

UK - now the Imperial States of Great Britain. (With me as Sovereign Chancellor)

But seriously, it does not matter - the world would be so different. I think race and color would be the least of problems in 60 years or so.

Think about space discoveries, an ancient extraterrestrial race making contact, making it through world war three, world hunger, depleting water supply, the first technological war...I could go on....:woo: :woo:

Africa - now the The United Africa Empire (also, in an alternate future, with me as The Supreme African Emperor.)
Time Tourist
I'm English. If people are honest with themselves they will acknowledge firstly that very uncertain times lie ahead for this country no matter what. And they will acknowledge that generally the question arises from the official policy of mass immigration and multiculturalism. And secondly that what the OP is saying is a real possibility for Europe, based on current trends.

Anyway I would feel sad for my children and grandchildren. Because they will grow up in a country that should have been theirs but which is not.

No, no it's really not.

I am most displeased at your apparent lack of demographic understanding.

Anyway, would I care? Meh, probably not. The world is getting "less white" and more varied, and I don't have a problem with that. One day humans will all be bronze-skinned, mixed race peeps in a more-or-less homogeneous single culture - it's fairly inevitable as long as globalisation progresses as it has done so far and we don't destroy the world.

Latest

Trending

Trending