The Student Room Group

UCAS Employment

Hey,

Read in a few places that universities don't really check up on employment, but wanted to double check. I'm applying for History at Cambridge UCL and a few others.

I did my work there for long enough and I was alright it's just that because it's part time work and I haven't worked there for months (you can request shifts as you like since they take on a lot of people, and I haven't requested one for months since I probably won't work there anymore but I'm still on the books ofc) the times may be a bit messed up.

But just wanted to make sure because if they contact them then the management may not even remember me, as well as the fact that though I said I left in February 2010, which was when I last worked a shift, on UCAS, really I'm technically still an employee and all that (and I'd rather do that than say I am still an employee).

Thanks
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 1
Bumpety bump
What is the question? I don't see a single question mark.
Reply 3
NebulousPhantasm
What is the question? I don't see a single question mark.

=/ Sorry don't mean to annoy you

I'm asking about whether they would ask for a reference or not. So to phrase it with a question mark, how likely is it that they will ask for a reference?
comrade_jon
=/ Sorry don't mean to annoy you

I'm asking about whether they would ask for a reference or not. So to phrase it with a question mark, how likely is it that they will ask for a reference?

Very unlikely...

Latest

Trending

Trending