The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Oh my Ms. Coffey
Yeah, thanks for the advice :smile:

No problem. Anytime :smile:
I personally felt that C3 was harder than C4 and so did a lot of my friends - the chapters in C3 are generally all extensions of chapters in C1 and C2 so obviously they are more difficult, whereas with C4, 4 of the chapters are brand new topics and so have to be taught from quite a basic standard - the chapters on vectors and integration however... :lolwut: Considering how much I really struggled with C3 and C4 I still managed to get 76 UMS in both. :smile: And 91 for C1 and 92 for C2. So I am happy. :smile:

As long as you work really hard at it and practise the techniques over and over until you understand them, you will be absolutely fine. :smile:
Just takes a lot of practice. Not difficult much. C3 often makes people slip up but just watch out for weirdly worded questions.
I did a year early and got:

C1-97
C2-85
C3-85
M1-96
S1-87
C4-64

So C4 is hard! Retaking it and need to get 95, going to be so hard.
Reply 24
Did almost every C4 past paper twice, got 100%, self explanatory really.
Reply 25
BabaluBabalu
Just wondering as to how hard C3 and C4 are compared to C1 and C2.
In C1 and C2 I got 86 and 83%, respectively.
How had would it be for my to maintain this?

My maths teachers seem to put across the message that they're pretty much impossible..

Opinions please :smile:

They really aren't that bad. I did the full A-level in a year so only started learning C3 and C4 after January, and managed to get 100% in C3 and 96% in C4. You just have to put a fair amount of work in, make sure you understand everything and ask when you don't. :smile:
Reply 26
You would be needing more than 2 hours a week. =)
Don't worry its gonna be fine.. =)
Just work harder that's all, and well about careless mistakes, you HAVE to watch out for those coz it sucks even more when you do one in C3 and C4 =D
But at least you have your calculator with you now eh?
Oh and dont try to save it all for the end because in some ways, some lessons are related. For example you'll tackle C3 trignometric functions first, and if you get lazy and leave it without studying it, if you take C4 integration some bits of it would be a bitch for you coz you haven't still mastered trignometry yet.
xbabyxchelseax
C3 is nothing. C4 however, I was really confident before the exam, having done a lot of prep. I understood all the theory and concepts but when it came down to the actual exam I got stuck on several questions. If you get stuck on or mess up one question that is 7-10 mark gone (assuming no method marks gained).
C1 - C3 you're more likely to mess up on workings but C4 I found myself messing up on the entire question.
I got A's in all modules but end up scraping a B in C4.
Just make sure you really do over prepare yourself for C4, mostly get use to timed papers.

Whereas I screwed up C3 getting 67, then got 100 at C4. Depends on whether or not you turn up on the day.
Practice the soloman c3 c4 papers, they're a lot better than the normal c3 c4 ones.

Latest

Trending

Trending