The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
.Ali.
But people on here can be really rude and there's no need. If you don't like it, don't comment, surely?

True, you do have a point and I've probably asked a question like this before so who am I to talk :yep:

It's just that, maybe there's no need to type out nearly every academic achievement you've achieved in a question; I know the OP means no offense but some people take things differently - imagine opening your results with someone of less intelligence than you; obviously you mean no harm in being excited with your A* in Maths A level, but your friend might take that the wrong way when they tell you they got a B...
Reply 21
What's Your IQ?
Reply 22
Dededex
True, you do have a point and I've probably asked a question like this before so who am I to talk :yep:

It's just that, maybe there's no need to type out nearly every academic achievement you've achieved in a question; I know the OP means no offense but some people take things differently - imagine opening your results with someone of less intelligence than you; obviously you mean no harm in being excited with your A* in Maths A level, but your friend might take that the wrong way when they tell you they got a B...

Haha I know, maybe OP did list a few too many, but people on here can be really vicious! It's a shame a lot of people can't be genuinely happy for others though, I didn't do brilliantly in my GCSEs, I was predicted straight A*s and didn't get them (I did have mitigating circumstances though, I was ill for 18 months throughout years 10 and 11) but I'm still happy for the people who did well.

I just think people on here could be a bit kinder. :p:
I think it'd be silly to decide what university course to do if you have only just started your AS levels. Your grades are exceptional (well done! :smile:) but you might realise that some of the subjects you loved at GCSE aren't quite the same at A level and will not be the same at degree level! Give it a few months then reconsider, you should have a better idea of what you love and what you just enjoy...
Imson
This

This. Yourself you ******* idiot
Reply 25
You should do Media Studies.

But I wouldn't apply to the top unis for it, your grades aren't really that good :/
Blueflare
You could do any bloody course you want.

Christ I hate these showing off threads.

I GOT OVER 9000 A* grades.
Reply 27
Read the riot act
Why don't you apply for Smug Studies?
This is an interesting course and is only for Oxbridge and a select few London unis, basically you sit around and must wear a jumper or shirt with the name of your Uni sown into it and the modules consist of;
Reciting your GCSE grades
Reciting your year 6 SAT scores
Bragging about how you took the 11+

And (this is the most fun one)

Comparing how much mummy and daddy earn per year with the other students!

Hope that helps

just to ruin your parade just slightly... if i was comparing the money my mum and dad made with the other students, i'd feel very left out - my dad is a self employed mechanic making very little money and my mum is an air hostess - in fact they earn so little complared to what you seem to think that I've just sent off my application for EMA :smile: - and just to let you know, no-one in my family went to university :smile:

to be fair though, ur post did make me LOL quite considerably :smile:
smoke some sticky green weed and get over yourself.

in reality your grades dont count for as much as everyone around you says they do, at the end of the day theres still a slight chance you'll end up working the night shift at subway for the rest of your life lol!

lifes a cold hearted biatch, and little insecure douches like you get eaten alive!
Reply 29
lilzoldier
This. Yourself you ******* idiot

typical eastbrook school student, i dont blame u:rolleyes:
To be honest, you should be studying the IB, not A levels. All my friends who take the IB can't think for them selves to decide what to do after 6th form and just assume they'll walk any more exams because they got loads of A*s in GCSE.

Latest