The Student Room Group

Anyone underwhelmed for second year? How did you (now) third years cope?

Feeling quite a bit underwhelmed about going back to university, for no particular reason. Had a fine first year, but really want to be getting on with a job now. Over five months worth of holiday is ridiculous, I just wish I could do it all in 18 months!

How do the rest of you feel, and how did you third years feel last year? Did you find your second and third years went pretty quickly now that you know what you're in for?

Thanks for any replies.
Reply 1
Bump
I'm looking forward to it. I have no idea how I got on the course because I don't have the right qualifications, so for the entire first year, I felt like I didn't really deserve to be there. Now I've done it, and passed everything to progress onto second year, it's like I've earnt it now. Plus, this is where it gets interesting... :wink:
Reply 3
To be honest, 2nd year dragged a bit, specially round February when I realised I was in the middle of the middle term of my middle year and I still had as long to go as I had already done.
But 3rd year flew by, and I wasn't ready to graduate when it came round.
Reply 4
I felt that second year and third year went rather fast, but I guess because I enjoyed it more, and I was far too busy doing work to notice about the time I had left.. I'm starting to miss student life :frown:
Reply 5
Second year went really fast for me! I loved my course though - it was so much better than first year.
I have a friend that felt like you do. She didn't really enjoy her course and kind of just 'plodded through' and she can't wait to graduate and start working.
Just try and enjoy it. Time goes so fast and you have the rest of your life to work!
Reply 6
I felt that second year went really fast!
I spent a lot of time working and I enjoy my work so it didn't drag the way that it would have if I didn't like the course.
My friends and I are also closer and have a better time together, that makes the time fly by.

I felt similar before second year, but I discovered a renewed interest and passion for what I do and developed this crazy thing called "ambition" which I never had before. Maybe the same will happen for you, who knows.
Reply 7
I didn't see any response to this thread for some reason!

Thank you all so much for your replies. I actually had my first day (of second year) yesterday and really enjoyed it. I'm also commuting so it allows me to have a bit more of a life and feel less overwhelmed than living on campus.

I think it was a bit of panic at having to go back..a kind of 'cold feet' but once I saw lots of other students my own age all eclectic yet focussed it was great. I've been doing a lot of volunteering this summer at schools so have been around older teahcers, and younger pupils and kind of forgot that special quality that came with being amongst others like you.

Thanks again, I'm going to hold on to the fact that most of you said it didn't plod on too much, and that you enjoyed it more.

Latest

Trending

Trending