The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Erm theres nothing weird about wearing heels to Uni, lots of people prefer flats but it doesn't mean you are weird :facepalm:
Reply 2
If you want to look like a tart then yes.
Reply 3
Dyslex!c Duck

obviously i will dress appropriately eg no short skirts/tanks etc

Inappropriate attire is normal at uni - half the girls in Fallowfield are dressed like that :wink:

Wear whatever you like. It's a massive uni and not very cliquey. Nobody will think you are weird for the way you dress.
HEDM22
If you want to look like a tart then yes.

If you think heeled boots are tarty, you live a very sad, sheltered life.
Reply 5
sarahthegemini
If you think heeled boots are tarty, you live a very sad, sheltered life.

They're not really ideal for university though are they? Also, I doubt anybody would take you seriously in them.

I prefer a casual look with jeans and trainers. I don't mind dressing up for nights out, but heels during the day is tarty (IMO).
HEDM22
They're not really ideal for university though are they? Also, I doubt anybody would take you seriously in them.

I prefer a casual look with jeans and trainers. I don't mind dressing up for nights out, but heels during the day is tarty (IMO).

:frown:
i love my new boots (with heel)- and i wouldn't say i'm tarty in the slightest!
got them because 1- i love them, 2- need a new pair of boots (will keep me warm) 3- they have a bit of a heel, which means i appear taller and thus, look older [i'm one of those people who probably looks a helluva lot younger than most people the same age as them]
[[for reference; these http://www.newlook.com/shop/womens/boots/lace-up-biker-boot_190141704?icSort=-bestSellerScore but in a darker colour <3 ]]
HEDM22

The boots can still be casual for goodness sake, not everyone likes to slob around in trainers :rolleyes: And the whole 'nobody would take you seriously if you wore them' is just ridiculous.

Op - wear them :p:
Reply 8
****'s sake. Are you so used to school uniform that you are unable to dress yourself?
Reply 9
Just wear what you want. Some girls will be jealous thinking you're trying to make them look bad. If wearing them is comfortable for you and is what you want then do it and to hell with whatever anyone else thinks!
Reply 10
Do it. Srsly no one cares, and if they do, well **** 'em. I intend on wearing heels sometimes..last year I never did, but **** has happened since that means im gonna embrace wearing heels before my arthritis makes it impossible!
Reply 11
sarahthegemini
The boots can still be casual for goodness sake, not everyone likes to slob around in trainers :rolleyes: And the whole 'nobody would take you seriously if you wore them' is just ridiculous.

Yeah, wear them if you want, op. x

I knew a girl who I went to college with and she always wore black boots with a heel and everyone took the mick out of her. :/

They said she looked like a mistress or something like that. I grew up on a farm and the idea of wearing heels in the day just seems a little weird to me!!
Reply 12
i think in no way heeled boots are tarty :/
they're actually quite casual and dressing them with stuff for a night out is a challenge.
they're aviator boots and i only bought them cause i fell in love with the much more expensive burberry ones :')

i just dont want to seem as if im trying to hard to pull or something :/
the heel is quite high but i plan on wearing trousers/longer skirts with them.

@ lib: thanks haaa.

i'll prolly wear them twice a week and the rest are "flats" week.
Reply 13
JCM89
Inappropriate attire is normal at uni - half the girls in Fallowfield are dressed like that :wink:

Wear whatever you like. It's a massive uni and not very cliquey. Nobody will think you are weird for the way you dress.

i guess so :')
only reason i was as comfortable with the idea is because i've never worn such a high heel before to college and such.
guess i better get used to it!
Reply 14
sarCAZm
Do it. Srsly no one cares, and if they do, well **** 'em. I intend on wearing heels sometimes..last year I never did, but **** has happened since that means im gonna embrace wearing heels before my arthritis makes it impossible!

i dont even have that many "day" heeled shoes only this pair i bought
i plan on wearing them twice a week and if that goes well might add more to my chose collection :')

gogo you! : D
Reply 15
sarahthegemini

i guess you can't win everyone over :wink:
i'll just wear them twice a week, i'll just remember to take some flats in my bag !
fashion hurts :')
Reply 16
wow, 5 inch?!
id just be impressed you could walk in them.
i can barely walk in 4 inch :frown:
Reply 17
xStaceyy
wow, 5 inch?!
id just be impressed you could walk in them.
i can barely walk in 4 inch :frown:

they also have a alight platform so its more comfortable than you think!
im awful with heels.
i prolly need abit of practice before i leave the house!
:')
Reply 18
make sure you practise wearing them on stairs! I find lecture theatre stairs tricky enough in flat shoes!
I personally have 7 Inch.

Latest