The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
My mum doesn't like if anyone smokes in the house (even though she's an ex-smoker). So my dad just goes outside. I don't smoke in front of my parents even though they know I smoke. My brother, who's 27, doesn't smoke in front of my parents as well, even though they've known that he smokes for about 8/9 years.
-KingWalnut-
Must you be quite so militant?

I'm not even a smoker, I just wanted to get an idea..

Id think exactly the same, its not really a militant approach, if you smoke in the house the house stinks of smoke :sadnod:
Reply 22
Shuvel
Sheltered life is sheltered.

Well, Shovel, if i've led a sheltered life then it's for the best based on some of these threads tonight..x
Reply 23
HEDM22
(it harms yourself, those around you and pollutes our sky's).

I think the contribution of cigarettes to atmospheric pollution is fairly negligible. Unless you smoke ten million at once.:lolwut:
WTF...This is a thread for smorkers.Yes we know its medically harmful but we smoke, Get the **** over it,

Well my parents dont know i smoke although i do it all the time in the garden and in my bathroom :smile:
Yeah, and I'm 20. I make a point of going outside though, otherwise my bedroom would be in a constant fog.

Grave
Statistics show that its actually increased, ESPECIALLY among our generation.

Source? I'm not doubting you, would just be interesting to see.
HEDM22
I hope peoples parents don't! Smoking really is a disgusting habit (it harms yourself, those around you and pollutes our sky's). There's a thread up at the moment about a boy who is 11 and has started smoking. I thought people just didn't really do it anymore...at least among our generation.

oh shut up, nobody cares

you do realise that a disproportionately high number of medical students smoke?

shove that in ur pipe and smoke it ( :teehee: )
Reply 27
Barden
oh shut up, nobody cares

you do realise that a disproportionately high number of medical students smoke?

shove that in ur pipe and smoke it ( :teehee: )

True.

nope, because i dont smoke and no one in my family is smoking. :smile:
-KingWalnut-
Must you be quite so militant?

I'm not even a smoker, I just wanted to get an idea..

It's not being militant, it's not wanting the smell of smoke in your house. Or people smoking in an enclosed area around you. I don't see the problem - it's not as if I'm saying you can't smoke in the garden or anywhere near my property at all is it?
HEDM22
I hope peoples parents don't! Smoking really is a disgusting habit (it harms yourself, those around you and pollutes our sky's). There's a thread up at the moment about a boy who is 11 and has started smoking. I thought people just didn't really do it anymore...at least among our generation.

Im sorry but where have you been living? I take if you have never been to school, or college, or university, or to a pub, or to town.
from 16 when i started to. but sometimes they get pissed off for no reason and say that i have to go on the balcony or open the window
Parents will never let me smoke, or let anyone smoke in our house. Even if Jesus asked my mum if he could roll up in the garden, wouldn't happen.
I don't smoke, but even if I did I wouldn't do it in the house. When we moved here about 3 years ago, the man who lived here previously smoked 40 a day and no speck of paint was left white. That was enough to put me off for a lifetime.
Reply 34
I don't smoke, but I wouldn't smoke in the house anyway (if I was the only smoker)
My mum hates the smell of cigarette smoke so it'd be a definate no-go regardless.

whiskeyinthejar
I don't smoke, but even if I did I wouldn't do it in the house. When we moved here about 3 years ago, the man who lived here previously smoked 40 a day and no speck of paint was left white. That was enough to put me off for a lifetime.

Ew! My nan smokes about 30 a day and when she moved out of her old house all her net curtains were yellow :yucky: Now at her new house her previously white fridge is turning a nice yellow too. It put me off even more as well.
I'm not allowed to, but I have when my Mum hasn't been around. Though, my brother just does it anyway. He smokes in his bedroom or in the garden.
Nope, have tried 'shisha' but even then, yeah.
Reply 37
DaveSmith99
Im sorry but where have you been living? I take if you have never been to school, or college, or university, or to a pub, or to town.

On a farm, but i'm at uni now. Stop being mean darling that's just my experience of it. It's not even on the tv or anything any more either. I saw people smoking outside a restaurant once because now they aren't allowed in! It's ok to smoke, but the world would be a much better place if people just didn't do it. It's just pointless. :confused:
HEDM22
On a farm, but i'm at uni now. Stop being mean darling that's just my experience of it. It's not even on the tv or anything any more either. I saw people smoking outside a restaurant once because now they aren't allowed in! It's ok to smoke, but the world would be a much better place if people just didn't do it. It's just pointless. :confused:

I'm not trying to be mean but if you went to any of those places you would see plenty of people smoking.

I also disagree that the world would be a better place, tax on tobacco raises huge levels revenue for the government. If people want to smoke then let them, smoking is pleasurable, so its not really pointless.
Reply 39
Yeah my parents don't know I smoke but I do so in the garden while they're away :smile:
I hate smoking inside anyway

Latest

Trending

Trending