The Student Room Group

Adult Dyslexia Assessment

(Probably wrong forum, apologies if is!)

Long story short, I was never tested during my primary or secondary education.

When I was 19yrs old (I'm 24 now) my college wanted to assess me but I didn't see the point (my electrical exams were open book and the majority of the work was practical). I'm fairly certain that I have some of the markers for dyslexia (I used to get into trouble for mixing up my 'b' and 'd', I had a laminated card to remind me!), probably more with numbers (I can't remember sequences of numbers, working out change/the restaurant bill is a little beyond me, and to this day I can't remember my times tables) and I can't sight read for toffee but I did well in my exams, had to have a tutor to get me through maths but I got my 'C' :smile:

I'm studying English Literature with the Open University and I'm starting to regret not taking my college up on the assessment. I don't think I'd need additional support but if I was assessed as being dyslexic I could at least make them aware, and I put my own mind to rest on the subject.

Does anyone know how I'd go about seeing about assessment? If I was at college or a 'normal' university I would presumably go and talk to a student advisor but what about this situation?

Latest

Trending

Trending