The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough
Reply 1
thomasp
How long does it take to get your laptop online and surfing the net in halls at Loughborough, from the moment you arrive?

If it makes any difference, I've got an Apple Mac running OSX 10.4.2 "Tiger", and am coming equipped with a CAT5e ethernet cable :biggrin:

I feel very uncomfortable when I don't have an internet connection nearby :wink: :eek:

about 10 minutes if you are an idiot, quicker if you're not!
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough
Reply 2
think you have to register online or something on the computer services website this year don't you?
Reply 3
funkymonkey
about 10 minutes if you are an idiot, quicker if you're not!

:smile:

And probably 2 hours if you're an Apple mac user

Mind you, from all the uni websites I've looked at, Loughborough seems to be the most mac-friendly
Reply 4
im LL Rdy ND SET BOUGHT MY set of cables frm computer exchange, only 4 quid. i shud be online in no time. :biggrin:
Reply 5
I just made my own ethernet cable - we've got a 50m roll of the stuff from Maplins (came with its own crimping tool, wire stripper, rubber boots and RJ-45 plugs). I just hope the ethernet socket isn't more than 2m from my desk :eek:
Reply 6
Freshers wont get the internet until friday as they need their username etc which given to them by their department
Reply 7
can we preregister online cos i dont return until sunday??
Reply 8
iklemarc
Freshers wont get the internet until friday as they need their username etc which given to them by their department

oh no! :frown:
Reply 9
neal@lufbra

dunno dude
Reply 10
neal@lufbra

no, but its not exactly hard
Reply 11
Im ON!!!

Set it all up when i came, got my Password etc on friday.
- It took my a long time, becuase i was typing a uppercase 'I' in place of a lowercase 'l' becuase of the retared font the the idoits used on the letter!!!

- Now ive just gota try anf get it to work with Oprea!

Daniel
Reply 12
Now ive just gota try anf get it to work with Opera!

***done***

Daniel

Latest

Trending

Trending