The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Krakatoa

OMG i was singing this to myself today, although i haven't heard it in yeeeearrs how strange
Aaaanyway, erm North, cos i live there...? I've lived in North most of my life and now live in North West so i do know most of North London... I like it...? Lol
konvictz0007
im from london, i can tell you.

south london areas youll see more gangs, and more knife crime. well only around brixton, stockwell, up to about tooting maybe...after that, in the croydon areas, its ok.

east london, full of asians, talking about the west ham, plaistow, the famous brick lane areas, asian areas tend to be ok if your asian, but a bit indimidating if your not asian.

west london is ok, more like normal britain.

north london again has a few asians, in your hendon/brent areas, but these asians are more like indians. they will not intimidate anyone...

and of course theres central london which is the most culturaly diverse, no problems there...its always very very busy there, no one has time for anyone in central.

but if you go the left of central, to your kensington/chelsea areas, its upper class there...you can find harrods there, or go down sloane street where you have individual shops of all the designers, like gucci, armani, lui vioton, d&g etc...

but out of north london and south london, definitely north london. south london is not nice, i know the place very well, alot of gang culture and knife crime, and police basically cant do anything there...you dont wanna get caught on your own late at night by a gang there, thats for sure...

Thanks. Best reply thus far.
East is better than north and south.
miss_opinionated
Thanks. Best reply thus far.

Also a load of ******** but never mind.
Arturo Bandini
Also a load of ******** but never mind.

No, I do mind. Could you care to expand?. I'm willing to listen or else I wouldn't have asked the Q in the first place.
adam_zed
There is crime in North London also.

Crime in North London? No it's absolutely crime free since 2003, North London is kept like that by Superman, Yes superman patrols North London :yep:
I'm from the South-East. It's a bit rough in places... If you do come here, then avoid Peckham.
Reply 27
North London is better but compared to South London a lot of places are better.
miss_opinionated
No, I do mind. Could you care to expand?. I'm willing to listen or else I wouldn't have asked the Q in the first place.

Well, for a start, you're just carving a city in two, there's no definitive difference between one half and the other. There are nice places in both north and south london, and there are dodgy places in both too.

I'm pretty sure the number of stabbings/gang crime is pretty equal in either half

A lot of places in east london have a high Asian population. They are not intimidating in the slightest. I should know, I live there. The guy who made that post is obviously a moron.

If you're wondering where to live, you can't just say "north or south?" for the reasons I mentioned at the beginning of the post. You're better off saying what you're interested in, how close you want to be to what (work/clubs/certain types of shops/parks) somewhere quiet/busy, and so forth, and people could tell you places that fit the bill.
And I swear half the people who say "OMG AVOID PECKHAM" have never actually been there. Just cos some kid went a bit mental on a bus and somebody put it up on youtube suddenly peckham is the source of all evil.

It's not that bad, there are other places I'd avoid more in SE london.
Arturo Bandini
Well, for a start, you're just carving a city in two, there's no definitive difference between one half and the other. There are nice places in both north and south london, and there are dodgy places in both too.

I'm pretty sure the number of stabbings/gang crime is pretty equal in either half

A lot of places in east london have a high Asian population. They are not intimidating in the slightest. I should know, I live there. The guy who made that post is obviously a moron.

If you're wondering where to live, you can't just say "north or south?" for the reasons I mentioned at the beginning of the post. You're better off saying what you're interested in, how close you want to be to what (work/clubs/certain types of shops/parks) somewhere quiet/busy, and so forth, and people could tell you places that fit the bill.

I was very vague wasn't I?. Err, well I want to be somewhere busy which is inhabited by a lot of young people. It should be pretty close to really good night clubs and high street shops. I don't care for anyhting else. Could you recommend a area going by that?.
Reply 31
South London is a right ********. North's only slightly better.
miss_opinionated
I was very vague wasn't I?. Err, well I want to be somewhere busy which is inhabited by a lot of young people. It should be pretty close to really good night clubs and high street shops. I don't care for anyhting else. Could you recommend a area going by that?.

Yeah, east london. Lots of young people, good clubs and bars, good independent clothes shops, and only 15 minutes on the tube to central if you wanna go primark.
Arturo Bandini

you think knife crime and gang culture is equal in north london and south london?, and your calling me a moron lol.

i grew up in south london, i think i would know how south london is like mate. i also frequently go to north london so i know what im talking about. besides nearly everyone in this thread has said the same things about south london and crime, so i dont know if your a little blind or plain stupid, but get some common sense. lol, equal haha...

trus me, if you just wanna get on with your life, and be close to central just chose north london.

and you dont need to worry about pubs or clubs in london much, clubs are every where, but if you wanna go central for a big night out, it takes few minutes on the tube so dont worry.

its a tough place to grow up in south london, crime is big there. where i grew up (not there anymore) i heard last year 3 guys was chasing 1 guy, and eventually they caught up to him and stabbed him multiple times just outsider where i used to live.

ma cousins had a business for a long time in south london, ive seen alot of things happen there, alot of fights, alot of trouble, court cases...break ins etc...

it aint a nyc place, i like it coz ive got contacts there, i know the people, i know my area, i know the right places, when to be out, when to be in, who to talk to, who to avoid...but if your new, it aint nyc...
Reply 34
konvictz0007
im from london, i can tell you.

south london areas youll see more gangs, and more knife crime. well only around brixton, stockwell, up to about tooting maybe...after that, in the croydon areas, its ok.

east london, full of asians, talking about the west ham, plaistow, the famous brick lane areas, asian areas tend to be ok if your asian, but a bit indimidating if your not asian.
west london is ok, more like normal britain.

north london again has a few asians, in your hendon/brent areas, but these asians are more like indians. they will not intimidate anyone...

and of course theres central london which is the most culturaly diverse, no problems there...its always very very busy there, no one has time for anyone in central.

but if you go the left of central, to your kensington/chelsea areas, its upper class there...you can find harrods there, or go down sloane street where you have individual shops of all the designers, like gucci, armani, lui vioton, d&g etc...

but out of north london and south london, definitely north london. south london is not nice, i know the place very well, alot of gang culture and knife crime, and police basically cant do anything there...you dont wanna get caught on your own late at night by a gang there, thats for sure...

Lol are you scared of asians?
Arturo Bandini
Yeah, east london. Lots of young people, good clubs and bars, good independent clothes shops, and only 15 minutes on the tube to central if you wanna go primark.

From experience I would say North London.
konvictz0007
you think knife crime and gang culture is equal in north london and south london?, and your calling me a moron lol.

i grew up in south london, i think i would know how south london is like mate. i also frequently go to north london so i know what im talking about. besides nearly everyone in this thread has said the same things about south london and crime, so i dont know if your a little blind or plain stupid, but get some common sense. lol, equal haha...

trus me, if you just wanna get on with your life, and be close to central just chose north london.

and you dont need to worry about pubs or clubs in london much, clubs are every where, but if you wanna go central for a big night out, it takes few minutes on the tube so dont worry.

its a tough place to grow up in south london, crime is big there. where i grew up (not there anymore) i heard last year 3 guys was chasing 1 guy, and eventually they caught up to him and stabbed him multiple times just outsider where i used to live.

ma cousins had a business for a long time in south london, ive seen alot of things happen there, alot of fights, alot of trouble, court cases...break ins etc...

it aint a nyc place, i like it coz ive got contacts there, i know the people, i know my area, i know the right places, when to be out, when to be in, who to talk to, who to avoid...but if your new, it aint nyc...

LOL what a badman. I've lived both north and south of the thames so the fact that you lived in south doesn't really mean ****.
EAST SIDEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Bizzatch
Reply 39
konvictz0007

they r about the same. you r tryin to exaggerate. ppl have been stabbed in north london aswell.

Latest

Trending

Trending