Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Reply 1
Stay in bed and sleep it off?
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
nowhere, im in durdham hall and iv got registration talks in my hall on fire safety and that i think, a nice day off :biggrin: seein as i need to celebrate my bday wooo. im doin medicine too :smile: were u stayin?
Reply 3
wednesburywench
nowhere, im in durdham hall and iv got registration talks in my hall on fire safety and that i think, a nice day off :biggrin: seein as i need to celebrate my bday wooo. im doin medicine too :smile: were u stayin?

That day of talks looks boring! Maybe we should spice it up by starting your brithday drinking early :smile:
Reply 4
evoraah
I am confused! I received the timetable and noticed that the registration date start on the 4th October then blahblalblah on the next days. (and the term date start on the 3rd.) Im gonna be a medic so..anybody know where should I go on the 3rd of October then? Thanks a lot.:smile:

Well at Badock, we've got a Toga Party :p:

...actually, not so sure that's a good thing nemore :frown:
yea it looks dead boring! is everyone goin to the freshers party on the night tho? im planning to i hope, or wherever i can get drunk :smile:
Reply 6
i tot we got some sports coaching thingy on 2nd n 3rd? Hmm...
Reply 7
Hi.

I am not staying in halls so what should I do then? Should I stay in my home (not in Bristol) and come to bristol on the 3rd then? (I planned to go on 2nd and attend uni on 3rd but it seems there is nothing going on the 3rd? No uni? So the uni actually start on the 4th then?)

You guys are lucky to get into halls!!! :P Have fun anyway! :smile:
Reply 8
I thought lectures and everything started on the 10th? Am I just one misguided individual or am I right in thinking that I've a week of registrations, shopping and zoo trips to look forward to? If there's nothing on the 3rd then just enjoy one more glorious day of festering in front of This Morning- ohmygod... did anyone see that today? I turned it on as I was brushing my teeth and they were doing a live vasectomy! EEEEEeeeew! Not cool.
Reply 9
i've spoken to a couple of mates today who are coming to bristol, and neither of them had even bothered to read their frreshers week guides from their halls. they had no idea that the halls had events organised :biggrin:

How anyone can be so disinterested in uni after a gap year of doing very little is beyond me.

Neway my main bitch for this post is the fact that people come on TSR asking questions when all the answers are in the rubbish we've been sent, if they can only be bothered to read them.

:smile:
my lectures start properly the 11th, but we have lots of intros n the like
Reply 11
Hey, I did read the paper that they sent. It said:

4th October: Registration
5th October: ...
6th...
7th:..

Then the main lecture start on the week after. So I guess it's on Monday the 10th. But I am not sure what about Monday the 3rd, that was why I posted this thread. :smile:

Hi wednesbury, you are also a medic right? Besides the time table they sent us, is there anything else that we should receive? Because I haven't received anything from UBU at all. By the way, what makes you think that we may start lectures on the 11th but not the 10th? :smile: Sorry for asking you so many questions. You know how it feels like when THAT date is approaching!!!
Reply 12
don't know about u guys but if you're in CHH you're going ice skating then on a pub crawl on the 3rd
Reply 13
evoraah
Hey, I did read the paper that they sent. It said:

4th October: Registration
5th October: ...
6th...
7th:..

Then the main lecture start on the week after. So I guess it's on Monday the 10th. But I am not sure what about Monday the 3rd, that was why I posted this thread. :smile:

Hi wednesbury, you are also a medic right? Besides the time table they sent us, is there anything else that we should receive? Because I haven't received anything from UBU at all. By the way, what makes you think that we may start lectures on the 11th but not the 10th? :smile: Sorry for asking you so many questions. You know how it feels like when THAT date is approaching!!!
3rd is mostly in halls stuff. I think most halls have all the boring tlaks about fire alarms and things in the morning.

Wills has a pub crawl in the evening, and theres also the freshers party for some halls.

Should be in your freshers guide from your halls jcr, if there is one, or at least on their website.
we start on the tuesday cus it says in that letter we got of the medical people im sure i read it somewhere, lectures start officially the 11th lol. aint got it to hand soz cus its packed :smile: i ddint recieve anythin else off the medical people, just the ubu handbook with maps and restaurant guides in it and that.

Latest

Trending

Trending