The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

All packed and ready to go?

So how is everyones packing getting on? Have you made a list and been packed since results day or are you going to shove everything in the car on the last second?

Personally I am going back on saturday :smile: My dad is driving me as ive decided not to take my car and im going to have to cram everything in. I will be packing on friday as ive got to work tomorrow, packing will consist of throwing anything in a suitcase and making sure ive found my library books (that havent been touched!) as I have to return them.

Im sure I will see some of you around campus on freshers week as ive got a few things to sort out there... or in the pubs :smile:

Scroll to see replies

mwhahaha i'm doing the exact same, i have all my boxes under my bed consisting of....

sandwich maker\grill, iron, portable kettle for them midnight tea's, brita filter, sum blender thingy from braun, cutterly, 2 bedding paks excluding duvet n pillow :eek:, pressure cooker and a 45 piece kitchen starter set :redface: ....i dont even know how to cook an egg properly so im going to be using this with care!

i'm sure i have forgotten so much but its all good, will be packing late on friday until early hours saturday morning, as i won't be able to sleep anyway!

<<Lew>>
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Reply 2
I leave sunday, i can pack saturday
Reply 3
Think I planned to pack on Thursday...

Oh, blimey - thats tomorrow isn't it? :frown:
Reply 4
Ive got some resemblance of order at the moment. All my kitchen stuff is packed in my garage. My toiletries and all documentation and stationery is packed in the study and i'll pack my clothes on friday.

Anyone else worried that they have bought to much to take with them?????? Im really worried that i wont be able to fit everything in the kitchen cupboards or my room.
Reply 5
I've had bags and bags of stuff from Ikea stacked in my room for weeks, will be a relief to finally pack it all away into boxes!

Tana said:
Anyone else worried that they have bought to much to take with them?????? Im really worried that i wont be able to fit everything in the kitchen cupboards or my room.

I'm so the same, never fear. I keep thinking I'm so going to be laughed at for the amount of stuff I'll have with me, haha. You think I'm joking, but I'm not!
Reply 6
I've got the same fear, I've been throwing my stuff in boxes as I've been buying it, but I'll have to take it all out and repack it properly tomorrow or friday so it doesn't get broken while I'm moving it
I'm finishing my packing tomorrow morning because I'm actually going tomorrow night.

Can't wait!!! Just need to spend Friday trawling round the shops/bars looking for work.
Reply 8
gona pack all my stuff tomorow. Then friday im on a pubcrawl. Saturday ill move in.

Gonna be well tired on that saturday but meh.
Reply 9
i have got numerous bits in my room right now. i bought a tv from comet ex-display, my laptop, kitchen cuttelry, bed covers/pillows etc, plus my mums got me a box from asda and packed it with a few bits such as food (pasta, some biscuits, long life milk, coffee etc, as well as shower gel, toothepaste, soap). im gunna pack all of that stuff up properly as well as my clothes on friday.

i havent really thought this last week through well, i mean, ive been wearing clothes and stuff and forgettin that they all need to be washed etc by the time i go to uni, or i will have none of my favourite t-shirts/jeans/jumpers left to take!

im out tomorrow night (thursday) with people i work with and a few of my mates so hopefully it will be a good night before i go to uni. im still going to see them quite often as i live locally to the uni, however its cool that im going out with them all just to kind of say goodbye encase i dont actually see some of them for a while. plus it gives me friday to sober up and get rid of the hangover i will most likely have before i set of saturday morning!
Reply 10
I'm getting there.

I swear I haven't got everything though. But I have a duvet and pillows, so at least I will have somewhere to sleep.

My mum wants all my clothes for washing and said she is going to give me a step by step guide on how to do it. :rolleyes:

I think all I really want/need now is some speakers for my computer, a laundry bag, food and a few more clothes. I have three fancy dress outfits to plan and I have no idea what to do with them.

But it's not like we need everything on the first week anyway.

Is anyone bringing alcohol? I was thinking of getting some apple sourz, I love them, and they aren't too strong for me, as I'm a complete lightweight.
Smiley_Me:
But it's not like we need everything on the first week anyway.

It's a pig but because I live so far away, I kind of do have to bring everything I think I'll need during the whole first term because I can't see myself travelling home any time soon... and I can't see my parents being overly amused at the prospect of me ringing them saying 'I've forgotten my favourite book, drive it up to me please?" :p:
Reply 12
Retardchar
It's a pig but because I live so far away, I kind of do have to bring everything I think I'll need during the whole first term because I can't see myself travelling home any time soon... and I can't see my parents being overly amused at the prospect of me ringing them saying 'I've forgotten my favourite book, drive it up to me please?" :p:

That's true I suppose. It's easy for me to get home. I'm hoping (fingers crossed) I will have to go home and pick my car up if I get this permit.
Reply 13
Smiley_Me
Is anyone bringing alcohol? I was thinking of getting some apple sourz, I love them, and they aren't too strong for me, as I'm a complete lightweight.

Yep im bringing some wine with me.............im also a lightweight so im going to have to make sure i share!! :p:
Reply 14
tana
Yep im bringing some wine with me.............im also a lightweight so im going to have to make sure i share!! :p:

I'm such a lightweight it's embarrassing.
Reply 15
tana

im also bring some alcohol. im gunna take some beer, probably a couple of four packs so that on first meet n greets with our new floor room mates it an easy ice breaker. well i hope!
Reply 16
stevo87
im also bring some alcohol. im gunna take some beer, probably a couple of four packs so that on first meet n greets with our new floor room mates it an easy ice breaker. well i hope!

I'm sure we are all panicking over nothing. Come on if everyone hates us, we will all have to meet up instead. :p:
Reply 17
Smiley_Me
I'm sure we are all panicking over nothing. Come on if everyone hates us, we will all have to meet up instead. :p:

lol. thats a good idea lucy. at some point after startin uni everyone which uses this site should get together for a few drinks. seein as were all in different colleges n all, it would be cool to meet up and see each other face to face!
Brick Tamland
I'm finishing my packing tomorrow morning because I'm actually going tomorrow night.

Can't wait!!! Just need to spend Friday trawling round the shops/bars looking for work.

Let me know if you find anywhere looking for staff! I wouldn't mind a part time job...
Smiley_Me

I agree! We should still organise a TSR meet up or Bar Crawl though. Anyone interested?

My strategy for packing is simple. Chuck it all in the car and sort it out when I get there! If I forget anything then i'm sure Lancaster has plenty of shops!

Latest