The Student Room Group

The Inbetweeners - E4

Scroll to see replies

Reply 200
Disappointing :/
I thought the whole thing was really funny and then they ruined it with:

Spoiler

It's a shame because it was one of the better episodes most of the way through it.
Reply 202
That ep tonight was awful, I usually really like the series but uhh.. Poor squirrel.
Student2806
Apart from the last 5 minutes that was truly ****. I expected so much as well :sigh:

Why so disappointed? There are episodes like this one in the first series - it reminds me very much of the one where they bunk of school. This is just classic Inbetweeners, and it's all good :smile:

Mr Gilbert was on form as ever too - definitely one of the best characters!
Haven't really found much funny in the last couple of episodes but the 'pussay patrol' bit had me laughing!
(edited 13 years ago)

The only thing that remotely amused me about that episode was seeing all the defensive Lincoln students on Twitter afterwards. It appears The Inbetweeners has truly jumped the shark now. Sigh.
The squirrel incident was way over the mark, even for Inbetweeners :o:
Haha it's actually true about Lincoln Uni used as a byword for failure... it was when I was in 6th form too, and that was years ago now!
Reply 208
Let me guess, we're now going to have young idiots kicking flowers because of this episode.

I actually liked it though, sort of. Wasn't as good as the first season or some of the second but it was better than the last few. Some awkward moments like when Jay's dog died, I mean what were they aiming for then? Comedy or what? Inbetweeners has never been serious so that was a bit weird really. Then of course the flower stuff was stupid and just showed a lack of imagination. You'd have some pretty **** mates if they would laughingly **** about with your garden like that.

I think the two guys who write the show have sadly ran out of ideas and don't really know what direction they are taking the show in now. Shame.
That was completely awful. This series in general has been far less funny. The characters seem to have morphed from semi relatable, troubled teenagers with exaggerations for comic effect, into completely self satisfied reprehensible tossers. Far too many sex jokes in this one as well and the episode 'finale' was incredibly dull.

Simon messed up in the morning because of too much alcohol the night before, Jay was sad at the death of a pet. Realistic, sure - but they were clumsily integrated, poorly written and incredibly predictable. Not to mention the fact that they're such easy observations to make anyway.

Very disappointed with this so far. They should have just left it at two series.
(edited 13 years ago)
hello there, do any of you know when the latest episode will be on 4oD?
GreenIsTheNewRed
hello there, do any of you know when the latest episode will be on 4oD?

I watched it on Youtube 11 hours ago so it should be up now :P
Reply 212
i actually found this episode a lot better than the previous two, maybe because irritating tara wasnt in it. but it just felt like the situation was a lot more "simple" and more like the first two series. and a few things made me smile a bit. mind you i prefered the concept to the actual lines themselves it seems
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 213
Third series has been of a similar quality, perhaps the show has become too popular and over-hyped. I don't really understand what is so unrealistic about it either, perhaps some people cant relate to the show any more.
Reply 214
Three words sum up that episode:

Crap.
So many negative comments on this series..
I just LOVE the inbetweeners XD Series 3 is not as good..
But I will seriously miss it once its gone :[
Will,Simon,Jay and Neil! Awesome guys hahaha
Guess I am alone when I say I loved this episode and think it was the best one this series yet. I do agree the story lines are characterizations are becoming a bit dramatic. But I suppose they are trying to pull out all the stops as it is the last series.
It has been a very poor series so far, the highlights being the end of the Fashion Show episode and the last 5 minutes of the latest one. When Will kicked the door shut on that old woman's face and closing the curtains on that guy :lol:

Other than that its become way to exaggerated and forced.
I thought it was great this week. Standout moments for me were; Neil saying "I wouldn't promise that" after Will looked to him for confirmation that he wouldn't do what Jay was planning to do with Will's mum's knickers, Gilbert's short appearance and the part where Will was getting angry over toast.

The only episode I haven't enjoyed much at all this series is the one where they took drugs.
My favorite was last weeks-some said it was excessively crude, but I thought that it was brilliant...

Quick Reply