The Student Room Group
Students at University of Huddersfield
University of Huddersfield
Huddersfield
Visit website

Bus travel to and from university

Hi all,
just doing a bit of research into bus prices in every university area.
If someone fancies telling me what the cheapest single/return available is from your typical student off-campus accommodation to university, I'd be very grateful!
Also, if there are term or year passes available, how much do these cost.
And do your bus companies provide good service? Regular, seating space, etc.

If anyone's interested, I'm writing from a Warwick perspective and we pay £2.25 single or £3.50 return, with passes around £100 per term, or £245 for the academic year.

Thanks!
Reply 1
There is a free bus service from Storthes Hall and Ashenhurst, which are pretty much the only accommodation which isn't within easy walking distance.

There are student tickets available which cover the whole of West Yorkshire:

£129/term, £312 year for First buses only, or a Metro Card which is any bus or train in West Yorkshire, £17 a week or £62.50 a month.
Students at University of Huddersfield
University of Huddersfield
Huddersfield
Visit website
Reply 2
buses from storthes to uni and visa versa - tickets for the academic year is £5
Reply 3
If your staying at Storthes for your first year, then you can pay £5 for a year pass that is only for the Storthes->Uni bus, this is a godsend otherwise every trip costs £1.

Any trip on the Storthes bus after 6:30pm from Storthes to town will cost £1 since its technically outside of university teaching hours but buses from town to Storthes are still free with a pass till the 11:20pm one.

The local bus companies will charge at most £2 for a trip to town. I know someone who caught a normal bus near to Storthes into town and they charged him that so if you're 2-3miles away from Uni, it shouldn't cost more than that.

You can always get one of the bus operator passes that only work on those buses or get one of these Student MetroCard from Metro which is valid on all trains & buses throughout West Yorkshire. I use one to commute from Leeds to Hudds every day for my placement.

Quickest way to check prices would probs be the operators website.

First Calderdale & Huddersfield
Huddersfield Bus

http://www.wymetro.com/TicketsAndPasses/YoungPeople/StudentPlusMetroCard

Latest

Trending

Trending