Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey! Sign in for personalised advice on applying to uni New here? Join for free to post

Can you apply for more than one course at University?

Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    I was wondering if you can apply for more than one course at University? I've heard that you can, but I was confused because surely your personal statement wouldn't relate to two different subjects?
    Any help?
    Thanks!
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    You've certainly done some background reading.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Okay, I'll reword that :-)
    I know it is possible to apply for different courses but is it worth stretching your personal statement so it has to cover two subjects or is a University more likely to accept you if you have just applied to one course and your personal statement justifies that one course?
    Thanks
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    'Oh my Ms. Coffey
    You've certainly done some background reading.'

calm down this is a site where you ask questions after all! decent question!

yes you can do two courses but you much make two different personal statements
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yonzz)

Not true.

You can apply for all completely different courses if you want. But there is one personal statement, and one alone. How you balance what you put in the statement to reflect this is up to you. I applied for all similar subjects, so I couldn't begin to offer you advice on this. The wisdom of applying for different subjects in one application cycle, and how you might choose to write your PS to reflect this will take some serious consideration. But if you apply for two different subjects, you do not get to write two personal statements.
    • 28 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yonzz)
    'Oh my Ms. Coffey
    You've certainly done some background reading.'

calm down this is a site where you ask questions after all! decent question!

sharing profound truths about the nature of TSR on your first visit. :congrats:

OP if something is "worth the risk" depends entirely on the circumstances/courses/your PS... etc... this can't be asked as a general question.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Okay thankyou :-)
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Here is explained everything very clearly

http://university.which.co.uk/advice...ame-university

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 11, 2014
New on TSR

The future of apprenticeships

Join the discussion in the apprenticeships hub!

Article updates
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.