The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
I would blow it all on an awesome trip to somewhere exotic. I've always wanted to go to Indonesia, Cambodia and maybe India..?
I'm not sensible enough to spend it on something useful like uni or deposits for houses.
DH-Biker
I'm spending it on this! :biggrin:

http://www.thebikelist.co.uk/scott/gambler-dh-20-2009/reviews

What would you spend it on? :p:

That's a sick bike, you massive git.

I'd like to say I'd spend it on something productive, but to be honest I'm a man of few needs so I'd probably go travelling.

That or I'd spend it all on drugs and parties and be in rehab within a couple of months. I know myself quite well, this seems the more likely scenario :o:
Reply 82
I would give it to my mummy :o:
I've had too many bikes get stolen over the years :frown:
Save it.
DH-Biker
I'm spending it on this! :biggrin:

http://www.thebikelist.co.uk/scott/gambler-dh-20-2009/reviews

What would you spend it on? :p:

A 3 month trip across Europe! better than some over-priced bike!
Reply 86
lubus
you might as well go into the right type of biking
http://www.trisports.com/2009-scott-cr1-pro-carbon-road-bike.html

Road biking? No mate, I'll stick with more... Adrenaline infused, biking. :wink:

I've done road to increase my base stamina and leg muscles. If it wasn't for those two benefits, I wouldn't have gone near it.

Its not fast, its not hard, there's no level of skill other then being able to ride a bike...

Either way, that's just my opinion. Cheers, but I'll stick with MTB, FR and DH.
Reply 87
big-boss-91
A 3 month trip across Europe! better than some over-priced bike!

If you say so. :wink:
Getting me out of overdraft and saving the remainder so I don't get in such a situation again.
Reply 89

I was looking at one of those the other day. They don't appeal to me at all.

The suspension's to bulky, the frame's too compact and high.

No doubt, it'd be one ****-off DH bike. But that's all it'd be able to do, and I intend to use mine as a free-ride and all mountain too.
Reply 90
Education.
car..?
not gonna lie, on clothes :colondollar:
Celestion A3's, Classe amp, 18in fi btl and 2000w monoblock amp and a whole lot of wood...
Reply 94
Holiday. A week to Canada for Christmas. And the rest justo n luxuries. xD
Reply 95
I'd buy myself a ridiculously high-spec laptop and then save whatever was left over.
Not bad, not bad at all.

I'd probably by a new bike, or a new car. But I'd probably dump it into my ISA.
DH-Biker
If you say so. :wink:

I dunno why people think spending loads on a bike is a waste of money, the physical product is only a small part of it. It's all the mental **** that you can do on it, that's what you pay for :confused:. It's like travelling, you don't spend all that money on plane tickets so you can have a nice comfy ride and overpriced drinks.
Buy my provisional drivers license and driving lessons and buy an ipod touch. So that in total is what, 600pounds. Then just save the rest :smile:

Ohh and a new laptop :smile:
Reply 99
Save it/use it to pay bills
or
maybe learn to drive

Use some of it to visit family in the states

Latest

Trending

Trending