The Student Room Group
What exactly do you mean by "put the internet on it"? Installing a network card? Setting up with an ISP?

It may vary from hall to hall, but most places will provide you a network connection and cable, which should plug into your network card (Your laptop should have one of those built in), then when you pay their charge they'll give you a username/password.
You'll get a username / password to the University network anyway (obviously). Don't bother installing anyway - the "internet access in halls" is probably a connection to the University network, through which you can access the internet. That's what it is in my halls, anyway. When you get there there'll probably be information about a date / time that a Uni IT man will be in halls. He'll set up your laptop to be able to access the network from your room.

One word of warning - they took my laptop and I didn't get it back for a whole week :mad: even though they said it would only take at most 2 - 3 days... so if you have any files that you think you'll need, burn them onto a CD or something.

A week without my MP3 collection nearly killed me :frown:
Reply 3
Thanks for that, i hope i dont have to wait long for internet access! im becoming addicted to :tsr:
Even though I'm in uni halls, I've had to ring up Telewest and have them install a line, and me have to pay them for a miniumum of 9 months!

Latest

Trending

Trending