The Student Room Group

Make my timetable for me or just gimme some tips lol

hey chaps well i and kinda failing all the as subjects as of yet lol i am finding it really hard and i need ALL A GRADES AT AS LEVE cus i want to do medicine and sucke dballs at gcse so i need to make a timetable NOW :p: . Please could you gimme some revision tips and help me to revise and get the grades i want i really need this and am prared to do whate ever it take so please help. thankz homies xx

ohh and i am taking biology chemistry psychology and english (english is ******* killing me )
Reply 1
bump
If you're finding AS levels really hard already, i would be bloody terrified to think you could be a doctor. Many you're aiming too high? (i'm not trying to be harsh, but not everyone can study medicine )
Reply 3
i know its, sad, but if medicine is what you want to do then say good bye to your social life, come home from college and study study study. write your note up from your subjects, read the textbook and then rephrase it and write it down. do alot of past papers and in chemistry do LOADS of past papers. im on OCR so there arnt many but alot of the legacy papers are virtually the same. practice each calculation hundreds of times to prepair you enough
whilst i agree with salty_candy that medicine is pretty hardcore and not everyone can handle it. but there are many routes into it and you WILLNOT get there unless you study hard. dont lose hope but keep it realistic. remember for medicine you will also need to fit alot of work experience into your holidays ect to boost your application over and above alot of other applicants.
Reply 4
salty_candy
If you're finding AS levels really hard already, i would be bloody terrified to think you could be a doctor. Many you're aiming too high? (i'm not trying to be harsh, but not everyone can study medicine )

shut up lol (look at your account :p: i am just angry )
jelementality
hey chaps well i and kinda failing all the as subjects as of yet lol i am finding it really hard and i need ALL A GRADES AT AS LEVE cus i want to do medicine and sucke dballs at gcse so i need to make a timetable NOW :p: . Please could you gimme some revision tips and help me to revise and get the grades i want i really need this and am prared to do whate ever it take so please help. thankz homies xx

ohh and i am taking biology chemistry psychology and english (english is ******* killing me )

A few tips for you:

1. Do not Procrastinate.

2. Do not Procrastinate.

3. Do not Procrastinate.

4. Do not Procrastinate.

5. Do not Procrastinate.

6. Study everyday. 1 hour out of class per subject should be enough..

7. Take notes in class and rewrite them and organize them the same day, refer to the text and clarify parts you don't understand. This will help to remember the facts better.

8. Stay 2-3 pages ahead of the class, will help you stay with the class
8. Read a little out of the text for the subject you like best,

9. Do past papers..

10. skim through your notes every weekend.

and lastly

Do not Procrastinate.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 6
DopplerEffect
Do not Procrastinate.

got it in one.
jelementality
shut up lol (look at your account :p: i am just angry )

:p: i'd say do an extra hour of work for every lesson and you should be on track for A's, maybe an hour and a half of english if you find it harder than the others, spend all your free periods studying and start revision for exams early, good luck! :smile:
(edited 13 years ago)
Work efficiently. Working hard for long hours =/= to efficiency. I am struggling to do this.

Latest