The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Part A
So I'm starting college next year and I have to pick 4 subjects to take. Currently, choices are:

Business?/Economics
Politics
Law?
History

Other, less liked options:

Religious Studies/Psychology..

So, I have heard about all the threads that say some universities don't like A level law - however, I don't feel like I have a choice and I think I would be good at it if I took it.

I'm trying to get into London Unis/Nottingham/Manchester e.t.c - will picking A levels in business and law affect my application for the London universities?

And does anyone know why A-level law is blacklisted? Is it because uni people thinks it gives you a superficial knowledge of the law?

Why do you feel you have no choice?

If you feel you'd enjoy and be good at law, take it. I adored my law at A Level and I wish I could do it again. Generally, as long as you have two 'respected' subjects at A Level, you should be fine.
I agree with what was said above. But its mainly only disliked if you are going to do law at uni.
Reply 3
Emma:-)
I agree with what was said above. But its mainly only disliked if you are going to do law at uni.

Yeah and I possibly will end up doing law at uni? or I might do something else x

And I feel I have no choice because I can't pick any other A levels which I like - those 4 or 5 are the only ones.

Latest