The Student Room Group
about as hard as c1 and c3

d1 is very easy as long as you can remember the stuff (on AQA at least)
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 2
C3 and 4 are probably a 6 if your comparing them to the FM modules, but the FM modules are still not terrible. If you handled C2 okay then C3 and 4 arent much worse
Core 3 isn't too bad. Core 4 is mainly methods, but there is a lot to remember and spot and one mistake is costly usually.
Note though I'm only average at maths.
d1: very easy; very dull.

started c3 before summer and not noticed any real difference. can't really speak for the entire module though.
Depends on you and how good you are at maths/can understand it tbh, obviously. But I found C3 not bad actually, C4 was hell. D1 was good actually, not very difficult.
c3 and c4 are harder, you need to remember loads of trig identities, but its not hard to get the hang of it. It also depends the gradees ur aming for
Reply 7
shadowfox
On a scale of 1 - 10, 10 being the hardest.
Also if anyones done decision 1 how hard is that?

C3 was about a 6/10, C4 was 7/10 - but it depends how well you grasped C1/C2. D1 is really easy, about 4/10 but one mistake can cost you a lot of marks so you have to be careful.
Well I thought C4 was harder than C3... But I did better in C4 so apparently not :P
D1... Is a doss...
Just make sure you really learn the algorithms and you'll do fine. I think precision is the key in D1 because although I found it pretty damn easy, I ended up with a B along with other people so it must be fairly easy to lose marks. But still, it's a pretty damn easy subject compared to all the other applied modules!

So C3: 7/10
C4: 8/10
D1: 2/10???
Reply 9
C3 and C4 aren't that hard. They are quite straightforward, they just build on C1 and C2. It's very possible to get 100/100 in both.

With C4 its all about learning the different integration techniques and being able to apply them. Integration is practically in every question, bar one about vectors.

I actually found C4 easier than C3, although since they are both mainly integration/differentiation, one is a reverse of the other.

About learning lots of trig equations, the trick is to learn to derive them, which makes life far easier
C3 is harder than C4 IMO. The june 2010 paper for C3 was deadly IMO. I floped it really badly. (for AQA)
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 11
C3 seems a bit harder than C1
So im going to guess the same for C4 and C2...

Only started it last week, but C3 doesnt appear to be much worse than C1. Perhaps its not got going yet :p:
C3 is fine tbh. not much harder than c2 (like 6/10)

c4 (7.5/10)

But it all depends on how much work you put in your spare time.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 13
The step up is like going from primary school maths to core 1 maths...
Reply 14
Maths in general is easy, I got 97% and about 92% in C3 and 4 :sexface:
Reply 15
shadowfox
On a scale of 1 - 10, 10 being the hardest.
Also if anyones done decision 1 how hard is that?

I am quite average on maths, but i found it easy when i practiced enough. Thats all A-level maths is, practice. If you can knock 30mins a day outside of class time then you should find them easier to understand.

Scaling wise, i would say that C3 was the hardest because it introduced a lot of new trig identities. C4 is, as some people say, just new methods and using C3 stuff. Consequently, it kind of rounds of all of your knowledge and can be viewed easier imo. Well then, C3 would be a 8.5 and c4 would be an 8 in my case. Remember my scales may seem a bit high, but all thats required is to practice to lower the ratings :yes:.
(edited 13 years ago)

Latest