The Student Room Group
Reply 1
There aren't any tips...But just Past Papers+Mark Schemes (x100)
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 2
One thing I'm unsure about is plotting lnx and e^x on the same set of axes, I can't get the range right so you can see too much of one function, and hardly any of the other. I'd like some tips on preventing that especially ^^' .
Past papers are the key: www.freeexampapers.com
Also, for C3 I know it sounds obvious but read the question really carefully and underline key bits. The paper I did this summer wasn't a particularly hard one but there were loads of places to slip up if you didn't notice little details.
Oh and learn your trig identities really well, they help so much =)
Reply 4
Damn, that probably means mine will be hard >< . What sort of trig questions are usually asked?
ViralRiver
Damn, that probably means mine will be hard >< . What sort of trig questions are usually asked?

You don't really need to ask this - if you are serious about getting a good grade in the exam then the past papers will tell you everything. No one can pinpoint what questions are usually asked because of the mere range of questions - have a go at the past papers and see for yourself :smile:

As for plotting lnx and e^x on the same graph... I'm not sure what you mean or how you could get the range wrong. They are just reflections of each other in the line y=x.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exponential_function y=e^x
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Natural_logarithm y=lnx

Now stick them together on the same graph.
Reply 6
Ok, well in all of the exercises from the text book I've been doing a scale on the graphs, which makes it hard to get both e^x and lnx on the same axes without looking... weird. Can we sketch without scales? i.e just draw lnx and e^x, asymptotes and where they cross the axis, and I'd get all the marks?
Reply 7
Usually they will ask you to sketch the graph and say where they meet the axis (which is the only numbers you put on in the graph). Sometimes they may ask you to put the asymtotes I think.

Latest

Trending

Trending