The Student Room Group

16-25 railcard for mature students

I'm over 25 and thinking of getting a railcard (16-25). It says you are eligible as a mature student if you are studying full time and then says it has to be 15 hrs or over per week, i'm only doing about 12 hrs p/w.
Do they really care how many hrs you do as i'm classed as a FT student. If you are a mature student you have to apply at the station and get the app form stamped by the uni which states in the declaration that whoever stamps it says that i am FT & do 15hrsp/w or more etc.
It doesn't matter how many hours you do so long as it's stamped by the uni
Reply 2
But it seems it does as will the uni stamp the form as it says on the form that the person must do over 15 hrs p/w for them to stamp it.
Do you mean you are only doing 12 hours face to face? Because the measure of full time is 15 or 16 hours, so you aren't a full time student if the course only requires 12 hours work per week. If you get 12 hours of lectures and are expected to work 20 hours of home study on top, then you are full time and do 32 hours per week.
Reply 4
The wording they use is 'the student is attending the university 15hrs p/w or more'. I am register a FT student it's just the masters course only runs 2 days of the week.
Reply 5
alternatively just buy a nus card which you can use to buy the railcard at the station , noone will be concerned about how many hours you study

Latest

Trending

Trending