The Student Room Group

Made the BIGGEST mistake with my A-levels :(

I was just in tears a min ago because I heard a girl at my school got an A* in Art she was all over the local papers and everything, I was very gifted in art but didn't pick it for whatever reason. I picked ICT instead and it messed my my a-levels, I ended up getting BCC (bio,chem and english lit) and art would have been an easy A*/A and might have bumped up my grades (if a never picked ict). Now in not going to uni because of my grades FML!!!!

I feel soooo regrettful and so sad.. any way a could make up for it and achieve and rekindle my talend in art? :frown: :frown: *TEARS AGAIN*

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
You could do a foundation art course....
Reply 2
Someone got into your local newspaper for getting an A+ in art?
(edited 13 years ago)
I got an A* and full UMS points....

Where the f*** is my newspaper spread!?!?
Reply 4
Isildur1
Someone got into your local newspaper for getting an A+ in art?

Yes, A list of people who achieved high grades at my school,, i wasnt one of them of couse :frown:
Reply 5
You could do it in the gap year..
Reply 6
What the **** is up with ICT these days, although its a on a smaller scale and hasn't affected my A-levels, to this day I think the biggest mistake of my life was picking CiDA ICT. EVERYONE at my school encouraged me to do it, including my tutors, it ended up taking all of my time and hence limited the grades that I got at gcse, I think I could have got at least 2 or 3 more A*s if I didn't have so much coursework to deal with, so I really feel for you.
Reply 7
thewiseone

LOL - epic!
If you continue to compare yourself with others this way, you'll never be happy and will always be resentful. Be proud of your achievements and if you really want to do Art do an Art Foundation course.
T-Toe
Yes, A list of people who achieved high grades at my school,, i wasnt one of them of couse :frown:

:fyi: " of course " I can see why you got the grades you did.
Reply 10
What do you want to do at Uni? If its art then do a foundation course - this is the recommended pathway for art students
kashim91
What the **** is up with ICT these days, although its a on a smaller scale and hasn't affected my A-levels, to this day I think the biggest mistake of my life was picking CiDA ICT. EVERYONE at my school encouraged me to do it, including my tutors, it ended up taking all of my time and hence limited the grades that I got at gcse, I think I could have got at least 2 or 3 more A*s if I didn't have so much coursework to deal with, so I really feel for you.

CiDA worse course in the world, especially when you have a business studies teacher teaching you and the first year the course has been run ever was a recipie for disaster!
You could always take a gap year and study Art.

Also, you can't say it would have been easy to get an A/A* in Art just because someone else did.
thewiseone

Pff...

Step 1: Get into a school with low average results
Step 2: Get A* in any subject
Step 3: Headteacher sends out press release about A* in order to improve image of school
Step 4: Local newspapers report it because it's 'silly season' and results are just about all they have to report
Step 5: ....Nothing happens
Spinnerette
If you continue to compare yourself with others this way, you'll never be happy and will always be resentful. Be proud of your achievements and if you really want to do Art do an Art Foundation course.

I agree
do you even want a career in art? what would be the point in getting envious about someone that did well in a subject that you used to be good at when its not even relevant to your career path.

Dont compare and follow others,everyone is different!
Oh no. You picked a subject where you might have learnt something useful in the world instead of getting an A* in finger painting, oh woe is you :frown:
Philosopher-of-sorts
Pff...

Step 3: Headteacher sends out press release about A* in order to improve image of school
Step 4: Local newspapers report it because it's 'silly season' and results are just about all they have to report

The guys name in your sig is Joseph Stiglitz:p: :biggrin:
Philosopher-of-sorts
Pff...

David Bellamy?
Reply 19
(edited 13 years ago)

Latest