The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Ooooh, where is Tom Vek playing? I wouldn't mind going...
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Reply 2
Thursday (6th) - Fleece. I REEEEEALLY wanna go (cannot emphasise this enough) but can't book tickets online as you need something stronger than a Solo card. Hrumph.
Reply 3
Who is Tom Vek and what does he sound like?

People seem very keen on him and yet I've never heard of him.
Reply 4
He's a bit of a London darling - makes punk-funk, irresistible and you have to dance to it. Get some off Kazaa or something.. Probably "C-C, you set the fire.." or "I ain't saying my goodbyes" - the two singles. If you like.. erm.. Bands that begin with "the" such as the Arcade Fire and the Postal Service - ooh, and the Rapture, you'll probably like him.
Reply 5
_Ellie
He's a bit of a London darling - makes punk-funk, irresistible and you have to dance to it. Get some off Kazaa or something.. Probably "C-C, you set the fire.." or "I ain't saying my goodbyes" - the two singles. If you like.. erm.. Bands that begin with "the" such as the Arcade Fire and the Postal Service - ooh, and the Rapture, you'll probably like him.

I see.

However, "you have to dance to it," I'd be willing to bet I could resist the urge.

I'm not sure I've ever heard any music that I have to dance to, or in fact feel inclined to dance to at all.

Except possibly some swaying with arms in air to super cheesy songs (Hero - enrique inglesias etc) after several hours drinking...

but that doesnt happen a lot. :biggrin:
Reply 6
Oh. Sigh. Dancing is very good for your health, I'm told.
Reply 7
_Ellie
Oh. Sigh. Dancing is very good for your health, I'm told.

But I get so self conscious its got to be bad for me :redface:

With a few drinks + attractive girl I will dance, but the likelihood of both of those things happening at once (or in fact the second one happening at all) is so minimal that i think its happened twice in the last 6 years :biggrin:
Reply 8
Jokes. Well, this is uni - ANYTHING could happen, even drinking and girls (and thus dancing).
Jokes - love that word.

I'm kinda hoping that there'll be drinks and girls at uni. Dancing too. Maybe.
Reply 10
_Ellie
Jokes. Well, this is uni - ANYTHING could happen, even drinking and girls (and thus dancing).

No surely not :eek:

:eek:

*goes into shock*
Reply 11
Seriously. Loads of girls. And boys. And lectures and seminars. I was like,
"WOAH!".
I was just expecting to turn up and play ultimate frisbee with a bear.
Reply 12
_Ellie

I'd heard he was great too, but saw him before he got really big as he was supporting the Bees at Bristol Academy. He wasnt that good! Bit too self confident for my liking, strutting his stuff lol! :p:
Reply 13
I like some tom vek songs, (c-c is such a tune! ) but i don't know if i can be bothered to go see him... plus there are so many bands i want to try and get to in bristol, i really should budget. :smile:
Reply 14
Curses, budget!! Get that word out of my ears. Oh well, I am proud to spend my budget on someone who has perfected his cocky strut. I would rather see something arrogant and overdressed performing than someone who looks and sounds like a roadie, wouldn't you? :biggrin:
Reply 15
Bah, budget indeed! To be honest, spending 10 quid on a gig ticket is far far far cheaper than a night of drinking. At least for me anyway. :p:
Reply 16
weebl
Bah, budget indeed! To be honest, spending 10 quid on a gig ticket is far far far cheaper than a night of drinking. At least for me anyway. :p:

But surely a gig involves drinking too (and at a more expensive price).

*looks wise*
Reply 17
_Ellie
Seriously. Loads of girls. And boys. And lectures and seminars. I was like,
"WOAH!".
I was just expecting to turn up and play ultimate frisbee with a bear.

No, u cant be serious :eek:

Better rethink my packing.

Lectures you say?

What on?
Reply 18
Gexko
But surely a gig involves drinking too (and at a more expensive price).

*looks wise*

Shhhh, I'm making excuses for me to spend money on gigs. :smile:
Reply 19
weebl
Shhhh, I'm making excuses for me to spend money on gigs. :smile:

Ah **** sorry, what u should remember is that actually if you divide the number of gigs by the square of the hypotinuse of a pint of stella its cheaper to drink at gigs neway.

Latest

Trending

Trending