The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
Reply 1
Call the admissions office cause they've had technical problems sending out emails. Its nothing to panic about cause you've got until October 15th to register but its something to get out the way
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
Reply 2
An email should have been sent out. If you didn't get one, these are the links you'll need:

Register your IT account first - here.

Then sign into My Exeter - here.

Once you're in My Exeter, click the Student Record tab and follow instructions to register as a student. That will give you your room number and the name of your personal tutor.
Reply 3
I registered online a few days ago, got my IT account and my MyExeter account. Everything seems right (it has my A level results, candidate number and course) except that it doesn't have my term time address, room number or personal tutor on there.

Is this because I'm at the Cornwall campus and they haven't got it sorted yet? I definitely have accommodation of some sort because I got an email confirming so. I haven't payed my fees yet though (don't have the money from student finances yet).

I don't know what to do. :frown: I looked online and it said not to contact the accommodation services over queries such as this. I'm paranoid that something went wrong with my registration.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 4
Renni131
An email should have been sent out. If you didn't get one, these are the links you'll need:

Register your IT account first - here.

Then sign into My Exeter - here.

Once you're in My Exeter, click the Student Record tab and follow instructions to register as a student. That will give you your room number and the name of your personal tutor.

i have my student ID number, but where do you get your unicard or security number??
Reply 5
Hala.
I registered online a few days ago, got my IT account and my MyExeter account. Everything seems right (it has my A level results, candidate number and course) except that it doesn't have my term time address, room number or personal tutor on there.

Is this because I'm at the Cornwall campus and they haven't got it sorted yet? I definitely have accommodation of some sort because I got an email confirming so. I haven't payed my fees yet though (don't have the money from student finances yet).

Have you paid the deposit to secure your accommodation? If not, it might be due to that. Or, as you said, it might just be because you're on a different campus.

If you have paid the deposit, it's probably worth giving them a call to find out why you've not got that info.

felixtang
i have my student ID number, but where do you get your unicard or security number??

If you're an international student (which I assume you are, being in Hong Kong :p:) then you won't have had your unicard posted to you. I think you'll need to use the security number instead, which is apparently on the welcome letter. I used the unicard number though so I'm not 100% sure- sorry!
Reply 6
Renni131
Have you paid the deposit to secure your accommodation? If not, it might be due to that. Or, as you said, it might just be because you're on a different campus.

If you have paid the deposit, it's probably worth giving them a call to find out why you've not got that info.

Yep, I definitely payed the deposit. The money has gone from my account and I got an email confirming the payment. I then got an email saying I had been provisionally allocated a room and that I had to sign a load of contracts and send them by post, which I did last saturday.
I'm pretty sure I did everything correctly and within the deadline, so I can't think what I could have done wrong. :frown:
Thanks for the advice, I will give them a call tomorrow.
Reply 7
Hala.
Yep, I definitely payed the deposit. The money has gone from my account and I got an email confirming the payment. I then got an email saying I had been provisionally allocated a room and that I had to sign a load of contracts and send them by post, which I did last saturday.
I'm pretty sure I did everything correctly and within the deadline, so I can't think what I could have done wrong. :frown:
Thanks for the advice, I will give them a call tomorrow.

It's could just be admin being slow to put your details up, there usually a lot more lax then the "main" Exeter. I guess give them a call in a week or so if it's still not up to be safe though. There's no major rush, I don't plan on registering till October. Just a tip if your staying in Glasney, the accommodation administration are rubbish at collecting rent payments. I know lots of people who in their first year didn't pay the full rent amount (it's paid by term) and have had nothing more then a few angry letters asking about the money. There now in their 3rd year and probably won't have to pay that money, saving over a thousand pounds. Wish I'd have known at the time so figured I'd be nice and pass it on!
Reply 8
G-Man1990
It's could just be admin being slow to put your details up, there usually a lot more lax then the "main" Exeter. I guess give them a call in a week or so if it's still not up to be safe though. There's no major rush, I don't plan on registering till October. Just a tip if your staying in Glasney, the accommodation administration are rubbish at collecting rent payments. I know lots of people who in their first year didn't pay the full rent amount (it's paid by term) and have had nothing more then a few angry letters asking about the money. There now in their 3rd year and probably won't have to pay that money, saving over a thousand pounds. Wish I'd have known at the time so figured I'd be nice and pass it on!

Ah, okay. I thought they would be more lax but I figured they would have got their act together by now, seeing as we're moving in in 9 days. :rolleyes: If I still have no idea where I'm going to live in 5 days or so I'll give them a call, otherwise I won't know where to put my stuff when I get there. :lol:
Thanks very much for the tip! I've been freaking out about having to pay the accommodation fees because I don't get funding from student finance until the 4th of October. I was worried I'd get kicked out if I didn't pay it straight away. That's great that they got away with that, I may just have to give it a try. :biggrin:
Reply 9
Hala.
Ah, okay. I thought they would be more lax but I figured they would have got their act together by now, seeing as we're moving in in 9 days. :rolleyes: If I still have no idea where I'm going to live in 5 days or so I'll give them a call, otherwise I won't know where to put my stuff when I get there. :lol:
Thanks very much for the tip! I've been freaking out about having to pay the accommodation fees because I don't get funding from student finance until the 4th of October. I was worried I'd get kicked out if I didn't pay it straight away. That's great that they got away with that, I may just have to give it a try. :biggrin:

Ah 9 days forgot you guys get there earlier, probs worth giving them a ring I guess! Yeah defo try it, the organisation that run it I don't think are the same as Exeter uni. So if you don't pay you can still register for the next year. What subject are you taking?
Renni131

If you're an international student (which I assume you are, being in Hong Kong :p:) then you won't have had your unicard posted to you. I think you'll need to use the security number instead, which is apparently on the welcome letter. I used the unicard number though so I'm not 100% sure- sorry!

Student ID number is your unicard number :p:
Reply 11
JoRowlingRocks

No, they're different. Student ID is the number given when you first get an offer. The unicard number is...well, the unicard number :smile:
There's also supposed to be a 4 digit security number on the welcome letter. Too many numbers :p:
Renni131
No, they're different. Student ID is the number given when you first get an offer. The unicard number is...well, the unicard number :smile:
There's also supposed to be a 4 digit security number on the welcome letter. Too many numbers :p:

Ahh ok I don't remember getting one of them :o: Once you're here student no. = the one on your uni card :smile: Unless they've "improved" things this year and changed it :p:
Reply 13
JoRowlingRocks
Ahh ok I don't remember getting one of them :o: Once you're here student no. = the one on your uni card :smile: Unless they've "improved" things this year and changed it :p:

I'm rubbish at remembering numbers so I'm hoping you're right! Much easier to remember something that's written on an ID card you always have with you :p:
And if Exeter's anything like my last college then it wouldn't surprise me at all if they had changed it! :rolleyes:
Reply 14
JoRowlingRocks

i can't find my security number?? ive checked all my letters and it doesnt contain any 4-digit code.
felixtang
i can't find my security number?? ive checked all my letters and it doesnt contain any 4-digit code.

I got it in email from 1st September. The subject was "Undergraduate Registration Information" and it was a bit hidden information in the first part of the email. Something like "Your unique security number, which you will need to register, is ****". Try to look at it :smile: Good luck
Reply 16
G-Man1990
Ah 9 days forgot you guys get there earlier, probs worth giving them a ring I guess! Yeah defo try it, the organisation that run it I don't think are the same as Exeter uni. So if you don't pay you can still register for the next year. What subject are you taking?

Okay, will do so. :smile: I'm taking Zoology. How about you?
Reply 17
Hala.
Okay, will do so. :smile: I'm taking Zoology. How about you?

I'm a Geography 3rd year :cool:
Reply 18
Ah. :smile:
I emailed someone from the cornwall campus about accommodation and they said that everything is fine, and that they will be contacting people regarding room addresses etc. later in the week, so I can relax now. :lol:
Thanks for the help!

Latest

Trending

Trending