The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

JCM89
I wouldn't be over interested in a mild case of nausea with no vomiting when its an easily avoidable foodstuff. Perhaps the last eight months of med school will persuade me otherwise.

Cool! :cool: Forgive me, I was only speaking from experience with my GP but hey, you know more and better than I do as you've been in med school 8 more months than I have. Yay :smile:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 21
Get Cape.Wear Cape.Fly.
Cool! :cool: Forgive me, I was only speaking from experience with my GP but hey, you know more and better than I do as you've been in med school 8 more months than I have. Yay :smile:

I know very little, which is scary when I hit the wards next August. So you're a 4th year? How's it going?
JCM89
I know very little, which is scary when I hit the wards next August. So you're a 4th year? How's it going?

:rofl: I actually LOL'd!
Reply 23
Get Cape.Wear Cape.Fly.
:rofl: I actually LOL'd!

:confused:

You said I'd been in med school 8 more months than you. I'm a 5th year so that would mean...

Never mind.
JCM89
:confused:

You said I'd been in med school 8 more months than you. I'm a 5th year so that would mean...

Never mind.

My bad.
I have a similar problem, called Oral Allergy Syndrome.
Reply 26
Unless you can feel you mouth/throat swelling up when you eat them, it's fine, you're in no danger. Just don't eat them.
I thought the thread title was 'I feel sick after eating nipples'. :teehee:
sungirl
I eat apples everyday after I take my breakfast, lunch or dinner. When I feel sick I eat apples too, they kind'of make me feel better.

Yeah, i'm pretty much the same. They always tend to make my stomache feel at ease, not mention the great health benefits that they contain! :yep:
Reply 29

I just burst. (With laugher).

That is hilarious. First time I've seen it.
Reply 30
WildBerrySpirit
Yeah, i'm pretty much the same. They always tend to make my stomache feel at ease, not mention the great health benefits that they contain! :yep:

yeah, an apple makes miracles when you eat too much and get a full stomach, it takes all the sickness away ..it's such a relief :smile:
I also feel sick after eating apples! How strange i thought it was just me...
It would acctually be helpful if people didn't put stuppid answers to serious questions, you're not impressing anyone.
Hope i haven't ruffeled any featers!

Big kisses =X
sungirl
yeah, an apple makes miracles when you eat too much and get a full stomach, it takes all the sickness away ..it's such a relief :smile:

Absolutely.

I've noticed how much of a positive effect it has for the skin. It makes such a huge difference, it's amazing. :thumbsup:
It could mean you have an intolerance to apples. It's not an allergy but eating that particular thing has a 'bad' effect on your body. Search food intolerances and you will see what i mean x
Reply 34
WildBerrySpirit
Absolutely.

I've noticed how much of a positive effect it has for the skin. It makes such a huge difference, it's amazing. :thumbsup:

Yeah, I've noticed that too, although I don't have any problems with my face. You know what I've tried? I squeezed 2 apples without using metalic cutlery, just a squeezer made of wood because so it wouldnt not take all the benefic elements from the apple and I put that on my face for 20 min. My face was in heaven!
APPLES FOR THE WIN!!! :thumbsup:
Reply 35
Apples are quite acidic. Maybe the excess acid is causing your nausea.
Don't eat apples then.
Reply 37
Maybe its the waxes/chemical treatments on the apples,so try it without the skin or try eating an organic one or take off the skin,then you ll see if it is the apples/chemicals causing the problem.

(My sister is allergic to apples,so it is possible ....)
Hope you get it sorted out:wink:
Bucko2008
Hello everyone,

Before I see a doctor about this I was wondering if any medics have any idea why I might be feeling nauseous after eating apples. I've been having this problem for a few years now and I eat apples everyday. Sometimes I am not too bad after eating them, but often I feel dreadfully sick. There are no stomach pains involved. Any ideas what the problem might be? Allergy maybe?

Note: Don't make comments such as "don't eat apples". I just want to know out of interest what might be causing the problem, not how to avoid it.

It's the same for me but I don't know why it is either really. Apples just don't agree with me; a lot of people have that problem with certain types of fruit. It's probably something to do with the acid in them :dontknow:
Reply 39
dancingshoes10
Why would you keep eating apples everyday if they've been making you feel sick for years?!

I eat them because the nausea is not unbearable, just an irritation. Despite the nausea I find apples very refreshing and "healthy".

Latest